Question about Microsoft Windows XP Professional With Servise Pack 2 (e8503040) for PC
Pls giv me some techniques on how to speed it up:)) thankyou
There many things involved in the system performance, the most important is the hardware matching.
In your motherboard there is something called Chipset, this is the orchestra director, he dictates what kind of RAM, Graphics Adapter, Hard Drive etc you can plug in your computer, even what kind of microprocessor you can use, if you have the manual of your motherboard you would know what is the best kind of RAM, etc you can use to achieve the best performance posible .
- Find the newest posible version of DRIVERS for your devices( visit the device manufacturer's website) and look for updated drivers.
- Many programs running at the same time slow down the system, so try to run the less amount of them, don't allow programs usless for the system to run at startup, for example:
Windows live messenger, yahoo messenger, etc.
- Install and uninstall softwares, will contibute to Fragment your hard drive and the REGISTRY, so try to install softwares you know you will keep, and Use Defrag utilities softwares like DISKEEPER periodically.
- The REGISTRY should be as clean as possible, use REGISTRY cleaners and defrag Softwares( do google search for this kind of softwares).
- Some SPY softwares may be present in your computer, they are running without your permit using system resources and sometimes corrupting your files, they can even make your computer crash, freezes and many times they will make you lose your operating system, get the best posible antiSPY software, run it as often as you can, download updates every time they are available.
I might be forgetting something, i recommend you to look for tutorials about this matter in the internet, there are many.
Hope this help you.
Posted on Jul 12, 2008
You could remove unessary programs running in the background that you dont need. Check the icons next to the time in the lower right corner to see which ones can be uninstalled.
You can defrag your computers hard drive by selecting the drive under my computer. Clicking the right mouse button and selecting properties. Select the tools tab and select the defragmentation program
Posted on Jul 12, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 08, 2010 | Poulan Pro Chain Saw 46cc 20"
Apr 07, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Aug 07, 2009 | LG KM900 Arena Cell Phone
May 28, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 19, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Jul 31, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Feb 08, 2008 | Computers & Internet
49 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: