Receiving no data found message when typing in an address. The Garmin accepts the City but won't accept the address. Pushing on Points of Interest receives same message - no data found. We have another Garmin 200w and it works fine. It appears that the data was never loaded onto the Garmin.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The manual can be downloaded from Garmin. www.garmin.com/manuals/3130_OwnersManual.pdf
1. Touch Where To? > Address. 2. Change the state, the country, or the province, if necessary. 3. Touch Search All. If you know the city, touch Spell City, enter the city/postal code, and touch Done. Select the city/postal code in the list. (Not all map data provides postal code searching.) 4. Enter the number of the address, and touch Done. 5. Enter the street name, and touch Done. 6. Select the correct street in the list, if necessary. 7. Touch the address, if necessary.
You will need to an update and reset on your GPS unit. Your data on the unit has become corrupt but there is a simple fix. Here is a link to the Garmin "Webupdater" utility that will install the latest firmware and re-initialize your unit. Follow the instructions for the utility to correct the GPS problem.
I would suggest you reset the unit,if that doesn't solve the problem, then you will have to update your garmin nuvi, I think its out of date and needs to be updated. Follow the procedures below on how to update your garmin nuvi:
1. Plug one end of the USB cable into your GPS and the other end into your desktop or laptop computer. The GPS device will load the appropriate driver automatically, and a message on your GPS tells you that it is connected to your computer via USB. 2. Open your Internet browser of choice and type in the following web addres: "http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=999-99999-27 " 3. Download the appropriate version of the software for your computer (Windows or Apple) and Install the WebUpdater by following the wizard (accept defaults). 4. Click "Start," "Programs," "Garmin" and " WebUpdater" to update your firmware and your maps. Periodically check and make sure your software is current.
Also, in case you don't know how to reset your garmin nuvi, you can follow the steps below: There are two types of reset;
Performing a Standard Reset
1. Slide the power switch all the way to the left (with the Nuvi's screen facing you). 2. Hold the switch in the position for at least eight seconds. 3. Push the switch to the right to power the Nuvi back on.
Performing a Factory Reset
1. Turn your Nuvi off by sliding the power switch to the left. 2. Press your finger against the bottom right corner of the touchscreen. Hold your finger in this position. 3. Slide the power switch to the right to turn the Nuvi back on. Continue to hold you finger against the screen until you see the factory reset prompt. Tap "Yes" to perform the factory reset.
hi peg, I recommend that you push the reset button on your garmin. it is located underneath the delicate frame around the screen. just carefully lift it off with a fingernail and push the reset button.
also, the data is only as good as what was given by the municipality. If they gave inaccurate data then garmin will give inaccurate directions.
If the unit is not allowing you to continue to enter the street address, press the back button until you get to the city. Press "Search All" instead of the name of the city and try the address again. It could be that the unit has the address listed in a different city (it sometimes goes by how the post office lists the ZIP code). See if this helps. As for taking the unit apart to access the reset button, all you have to do is remove the faceplate. There is an intentation under the top. Insert your fingertip and pull it forward. Carefully remove the faceplate, and the reset button is on the right hand side.
Sometimes going to Garmin's web site can help answer questions like this. Garmin has discontinued the StreetPilot 2610, which means it has not been produced for some time. This is from the manual of the 2610/2650:
CD-ROM: Accepts downloadable map detail from
Garmin PC-based MapSource® City
Navigator™ DVD (included), which
provides street-level detail, addresses,
listings of nearest restaurants, hotels,
ATMs and more. Note: Requires
CompactFlash® card (128 MB CF card included)2
"I tried to load the new 2008 City Navigator but the update was interrupted."
You deleted your previous maps, therefore there are no maps on the unit. Try reloading the maps again and this time let it continue all the way to the end. It will take a couple of hours depending on loading all maps or only certain states.