Question about Electrolux Vacuums
You need top lace belt on brush roller and re[-assemble by putting plastic cover on which is retained by 2 recessed philips screws.. Prize off triangular coverat fornt.behing that you should see the belt lying loose.You need to get a blunt object to twist and push belt ovet the motor shaft. You may get it on in wrong direction and if you do,loosen off belt and twist the other way.
Posted on Jul 13, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Disconnect cleaner from electrical outlet.
1. Place handle in operating position and turn cleaner over so bottom side is up.
2. To remove bottom plate, insert end of flat screwdriver into wide area of right-hand slot and push handle of screwdriver to the rear.Repeat in left-hand slot.
3. Lift extension of bottom plate, rotate plate and remove from cleaner body.
4. Remove agitator and broken agitator belt.
5. Slip agitator through new belt. (With lettering toward outside of cleaner) and position belt in belt guide. Push end of belt into opening in cleaner body. Reposition agitator making sure to align flat sides of projection on belt end of agitator with flat sides of slot in cleaner body.
6. Place the three tabs on bottom plate into slots in front of cleaner body. Snap bottom plate into place over agitator.
7. Remove hood by turning cleaner over and removing nozzle control knob on front of hood -- grasp knob and pull up.
8. Place handle in operating position and turn cleaner over. Insert end of flat screwdriver into one of the four slots beside an arrow on bottom of cleaner.
9. For slots nearest the rear wheels, push handle of screwdriver toward cleaner handle; for remaining two slots, pry outward to release latches.
I0. Turn cleaner over and lift off hood.
Il. Stretch new belt onto motor pulley.
Extra effort may be required to stretch new belt onto pulley.
Turn agitator, making sure the belt is not pinched between agitator and cleaner body. The belt must rotate freely inside the belt guide. If agitator does not turn, remove bottom plate and reposition belt in belt guide.
Hope this helps!
Aug 05, 2014 | Hoover Platinum Lightweight Upright Vaccum...
Mar 09, 2011 | Electrolux Eureka Boss SmartVac Vacuum...
Mar 31, 2010 | Electrolux UltraLux 2000 Bagged Canister...
Mar 30, 2010 | Eureka Altima Upright Vacuum Model 2996AVS...
Dec 04, 2009 | Vacuums
May 02, 2009 | Eureka 5856BVZ Boss Bagless Upright...
Apr 19, 2009 | Bissell 3920 Bagless Upright Vacuum
Apr 09, 2009 | Vacuums
Jul 18, 2008 | Vacuums
135 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!