Question about Computers & Internet
Can some on help me to remove a bios password on this model Laptop??
its just a technique and if u wish u can do it.
This is what you need:
1. Your notebook
2. An empty formatted diskette (720 kb or 1,44 mb)
3. A second computer (e.g. a DOS desktop PC)
4. A hex-editor (e.g. Norton DiskEdit or HexWorks)
This is what you have to do:
1. Start the desktop PC and start the hex-editor
2. Put the disk in drive A:
3. Change the first five bytes of sector 2 (boot sector is sector 1) to: 4B 45 59 00 00
4. Save it! Now you have a KEYDISK
5. Remove the disk from drive A:
6. Put the disk in the notebook drive
7. Start the notebook in Boot Mode (push the reset button)
8. Press Enter when asked for Password:
9. You will be asked to Set Password again. Press Y and Enter.
10. You now see the BIOS configuration where you can set a new password.
Disclaimer: I dont have any responsibility for any type of loss arised due to applying this process. Its just for educational purpose.So..do it at your own risk.
Posted on Nov 06, 2008
The Bios password for the toshiba laptop cannot be replaced by any SW it must be brought to the authorized toshiba shop for the BIOS password reset.
you can also check the support page of toshiba which is pcsupport.toshiba.com and you can serch there for the BIOS password reset, if your unit is included on the list of the unit that has the automatic on password you can call their techsupport even out of warranty for a free reset but if your unit is not included in the list there will be a charged for the rest of that to the authorized repair centers
Posted on Jul 15, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 08, 2016 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Jan 06, 2015 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Mar 21, 2012 | Toshiba Satellite L455D-S5976 Notebook
For Award BIOS' try these backdoor passwords:
For AMI BIOS' try these backdoor passwords:
For PHOENIX BIOS' try this backdoor password:
Jan 14, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 Notebook
Oct 09, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite A135-S2266 Notebook
Aug 25, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite L355-S7811 Notebook
Apr 26, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite M35X-S161 Notebook
Nov 30, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jan 29, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A135-S4427 Notebook
1,097 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!