Hi i have a compaq presario 700 and for the past few days it keeps turning itself off.
At first i wondered if it was something to do with an overheating problem, but even with a powerful fan blasting on it it still turned off, my dad then had a look at it for me without it being connected to the net and it turned off a couple a times, then he left it on for about a day and through the night and it didnt turn off once, so once i got my pc back i plugged the internet back into it and it was fine for about an hour or so then it turned off.
it seems to turn off more quickly when i am watching videos from you tube for some reason.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
Re: keeps tuening itself off
Try running a malware or spyware remover. but i doubt it that malware would do this. Try to get ComboFIX from a reliable source. like majorgeek, etc etc.
Just to see if you are covering any holes while using the laptop, placing the laptop on a bed is not a good idea on top of a hard cover book or a laptop cooling station is better you want to make sure, the vent are free of obstructions and breathing.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, Yeah sure. To download the drivers, Please click on the below link or copy the URL and paste it in your web browser. Click on the model number you have. And Select the operating system you are using and click on the download to download the driver.
Do not click on the link. Please copy the link and paste the link at the address bar of the browser. Next hit the enter key.
Installing this driver may result in an error. But continue with the following steps to get the audio driver installed correctly.
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter. 2. Right click on "AUDIO DEVICE ON HIGH DEFINATION BUS " or Conexant High defination audio entry and click Update driver.
3. Select "Install from a list or specific location" 4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install" 5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list. 6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp35940 folder and the double click the (WinxP -> Thrifty10 -> CPL30A5a.inf file for Audio) Select the .inf file,
click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.