Question about RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready Television
When I turn my TV on, the display is blurry red and blue. I can't even read the words when I press menu ( blurry green ). Until last week the picture got clear enough to view after about 20 minutes. Now it clears up enough to see a non converged picture. When I try a manual convergence the crosses line up but the cross is red, green and yellow. I heard a snapping ( electrical arc ) behind the lower panel. I took off the black plastic lower panel behind the outer panel and can tell the arcing noise is coming from the center circuit board. Is there anything behind the circuit board that could be making that sound, or is the center board bad?
The center circuit board is the green CRT drive circuit. that board could be bad or the green CRT could be faulty. I have access to both those parts for your model
Posted on Jul 24, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
The List & Labels part of the setup lets you edit your channel list and choose or create a
personal six-character label for each channel.
Note: Changing List and Labels can be time consuming. You can change these at a later time by accessing the
1. Press the left or right arrow to scroll through the available channels and choose the
channel you want to edit.
2. Press the down arrow to highlight the In channel list option. Press the left or right arrow
button to add (the box is checked) or remove (the box is unchecked) the channel from the
3. Press the down arrow to highlight the Channel label option. Press the left or right arrow
button to scroll through the available list of 25 most common labels. The last option in
the list allows you to create your own six-character label for the channel (the first letter of
the label is highlighted).
4. Press the 1 or 2 number button to change the first letter of the label.
5. Press the right arrow to highlight the second letter, then press the 1 or 2 number button
to change the second letter, etc...
6. When you are finished creating your label, press OK. For model D34W20, your TV tunes to
the last channel available in your channel list. For models D40W20 and D52W20 only, the
Auto Convergence menu appears next.
Auto Convergence (for models D40W20 and D52W20 only)
Your TV's picture tubes might have been disturbed during delivery or after you moved the TV,
causing the color in your TV to be out of alignment. The colors adjust by starting auto
1. Press OK to begin auto convergence.
2. When the auto convergence is complete, the Red center convergence menu appears. The
cross in the middle of the screen should be yellow. If it is not, use the arrow buttons to
move the red cross to overlap the green cross. Press OK when adjustments are complete.
3. The Blue center convergence menu appears with a cyan cross in the middle of the screen. If
it is not, use the arrow buttons to move the blue cross to overlap the green cross. Press OK
(the TV tunes to the last available channel in the channel list).
Mar 16, 2011 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...
Apr 14, 2010 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...
Apr 03, 2010 | Philips 51PW9303 51" Rear Projection...
Dec 28, 2009 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...
Dec 18, 2009 | Projection Televisions
Oct 16, 2009 | Zenith R65W28 65 in. Rear Projection...
Jun 08, 2009 | Proscan PS50700 50" Rear Projection...
Dec 14, 2008 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...
261 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: