The mesage says SynAir G4 Replace Plate.. I haveput new plate in and the mesagfe is still there and it won't let me adjust the purifier settings...will run but there is no ozone smell and the message will not go away ....What can I do
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Fresh Air Maachine by Ecoquest
The UV lamp needs to bereplaced. Call the manufacturer using the phone number at the end of the user manual. Ecoquest will take the machine for repairs or send you a replacement lamp. If you do not find customer service number use the contact in EcoQuest wbsite.Regards
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Did you clean the plate contacts with alcohol? How old is the plate? Is the glue that holds the grid in place turning brown? If it is, it may need to be replaced. Call (336) 499-2505 and ask for free email supplemental cleaning instructions before you do anything else. The instructions may help you solve the problem.
The "Replace Plate" message comes on for more than just the plate. Is the fan still running when it displays (Replace Plate"? The squeaking noise would be coming from the fan. I don't know what all it works for. It does display when the plate contacts are dirty, when a wire to the plates is loose or corroded, when the bulb is bad or loose and when the ozone generator quits. I have encountered all of those. Plates should last a couple of years, depending what's going on in the indoor environment. Before you go any farther, call (336) 499-2505 - they give away information and will help you solve your specific problem.
1. Unplug the purifier
2. Remove the two screws on the back cover and remove the cover.
3. Remove the two screws on the the top that hold the lint screen and remove the screen.
4. Remove the purification plate by sliding it out.
5. Remove the RCI target plate by sliding it out.
6. Disconnect the purification plate contact lead wires from the purifier plate cage.
7. Remove the two screws at the bottom of the plate cage.
8. Slide the cage forward, lift and remove the cage.
9. Rotate the uv bulb a quarter of a turn and lift it out of the unit.
10. Install the new uv bulb and rotate it a quarter of a turn to lock it.
Perform steps 1-9 in reverse order to reassemble the purifier.
When that message appears the plate does not make good contact with the two contact points. You can use rubbing alcohol and a q-tip to clean the points. After 1-2 years it is also advisable to change the purifier plate. Plates are about $15 and can be purchased at EcoQuest.com
If the plate is dirty (and this can unnoticeable grime-grease) clean the plate with 1 part clear ammonia and 1 part water. An old tooth brush works great.