Question about Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I have used up two color ink cart and i still can not get any red to print.
K...Trust the solution. Try these steps. Open the printer, remove the ink and remove the printhead (See User's guide). Reseat the printhead and the ink cartridges. The printer will come up with an error message that requires calibration. Do the calibration and scan the sheet that prints right after by pushing the start button. In the menu options, clean the printhead. Do one basic and one deep. Print a demo sheet (another menu option) to see if the quality has gotten better. If it has not call Kodak AiO Tech support. You will need a replacement printhead.
Posted on Jul 14, 2008
The ink light flashes when the top cover is open...check the switch that tells the printer when the cover is closed.
Posted on Feb 23, 2009
You may want to use brand ink as its mixture is more reliable. However if you have changed cartridges frequently try cleaning the print heads.
Routine maintenance and keeping full ink tanks will prevent this problem, however if you have the problem you can resolve it by doing the following:
1. Clean your ip3000 print head using denatured alcohol solvent which can be purchased from most hardware stores. If unavailable, use 91% Alcohol (isopropyl alcohol (first aid antiseptic) which is available for less than a dollar at most Walmart pharmacy departments.
*Warning: You may want to use a pair of latex exam gloves as this is a messy process and can stain your fingers.
Time necessary 45-50 minutes
Isopropyl Alcohol or denatured alcohol
sink, bowls and or basin
can of compressed air
very small screw driver
tablespoon or baby bulb type syringe
1. Lift print head from printer. It pulls out easily because it is held in with the same down lever that holds the cartridge in place.
2. Put two layers of paper towels in the bottom of a dish to protect sensitive sprayer heads.
3.Put enough solvent in dish to cover the screens on which the cartridges sit when in use.
4. Take the two small screws out that hold the white ceramic piece
5. Gently, pry the ceramic piece back and away , to reveal the underside (No need to pull away the glued points on the sides.)
6. Gently, move head up and down to slosh solvent around it the best as you can. Use a table spoon or syringe to pour solvent over all orifices in the print head, turning it upside down and then back a few times.
7. Use canned air with a plastic straw to blow into and through all orifices, alternately sloshing/swishing and pouring solvent over head (be careful not to touch any of the holes, screens, or sprayer heads with anything)
8. Empty dirty solvent from bowl and replace with paper towels and clean solvent. Soak for approx 10 minutes. Rinse again with clean solvent poured directly on all parts, letting solvent overrun and fall into dish or basin.
9. Gently shake the solvent off the head, take it outside and spray with compressed air into all orifices to clear out and help evaporate any remaining solvent. Let sit on a clean paper towel for approx 20 minutes. (There may be a little ink bleeding out of the head, but once it dries completely it does not present any problems.
10. Reinstall head, cartridges and it will print like a new printer.
SUGGESTION: For many years of problem free printing, keep a double set of ink cartridges, one set full at all times. Whenever a cartridge runs out of ink, replace it IMMEDIATELY, with a new one or a refilled one. This gives the print head no chance to dry out and create clogged heads. Routine maintenance of cleaning the heads every 24 months does wonders for keeping your ip3000 in new condition.
Hope this helps. .
Posted on Feb 07, 2010
Testimonial: "Thank you for your EXCELLENT assistance! Your advice was thorough and your instructions sound easy to follow. THANKS!!"
SOURCE: My esp 3 kodak printer
Your printer needs a service, in other words the waste ink sponges need to be cleaned and dried. They then need to be replaced and the printer reassembled. Then the Epson counter resetting software needs to be installed.
With this software the printer can be set to zero, it will work perfectly after this bit of attention.
It is a good printer, it's nothing that can't be repaired.
A computer technician will be more than happy to service your printer for you.
All the best!
Posted on Feb 01, 2011
Testimonial: "Thanks for the detailed info. Sorry to see that'll take a tech to repair it. It may be cheaper to buy a new printer."
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 09, 2015 | Cannon Printers & Copiers
Jun 13, 2008 | Cannon Printers & Copiers
Mar 07, 2011 | Dell 942 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 09, 2011 | Epson Stylus C88 InkJet Photo Printer
Jun 06, 2009 | HP DeskJet 932c InkJet Printer
Aug 24, 2008 | Brother Printers & Copiers
Aug 03, 2008 | Printers & Copiers
Mar 16, 2008 | Brother MFC 420CN All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 26, 2007 | HP OfficeJet D135 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 19, 2007 | Brother MFC 420CN All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 27, 2014 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One InkJet...
88 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: