D-Links listing for your router.
where you can find downloads, etc. for the router. (including an owner's manual) You'll need to choose your router's version then you'll be directed to the appropriate page.
(01) Can you access this web site from any of the other computers on your LAN (when this router is connected)?
(02) Have you ever been able to navigate to this web site from the computer you're referring to while this particular router is connected?
(03) Have you recently installed any other networking equipment or a software firewall on one or more of your LAN computers?
(04) Were you able to ping the LAN computers prior to the onset of this problem?
(05) Can the LAN computers ping your computer? If not, were they able to previously?
(06) Has anything occurred
or any changes been made that precipitated or coincided w/ the onset of this problem?
(07) Do you have any other information regarding this issue?
(08) If you like, you can **first** backup your router's configuration and **second** reset it to factory defaults and see if the problem persists.
(09) You can readily restore the backup. This will just be a quick way to determine if the problem is w/ the router configuration (assuming you were able to navigate to the site in question when you 1st got your router.)
Please, post back here w/ answers to these questions along w/ any observations or questions you might have.
We'll continue to work w/ you until the problem is resloved.
Please, hold off on assigning ratings to any of the experts' contributions until you're all set and have no more questions for us. (Once you assign ratings, the problem will be automatically closed and we'll no longer be able to assist you.)