Question about HP PE4240N 42 in. HD-Ready Plasma Television
I have an HP Plasma PE4240 and would like to use my TiVO remote on it but, I can't find a code to enter. I have tried walking through the codes but with no luck.
Not all universal remote or dedicated universal remotes will work with every combination of devices.
Call the tech support for your TiVO, and also for HP to see if they have an answer.
Posted on Jul 12, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 05, 2016 | Samsung 50 in. Plasma TV
Feb 03, 2016 | Vizio P50HDTV10A 50 in. Plasma HDTV
Hi- My name is Shannon and I am with Suddenlink. The SL-TiVo remote can be programmed to control the TV and one other A/V device using these steps:
1) From TiVo Central, select Settings & Messages > Settings > Remote, CableCARD, & Devices > Remote Control.
2) Highlight Part 1: TV power, volume, and mute and press SELECT.
3) The DVR displays a list of television brands. Use the UP ARROW and DOWN ARROW buttons and the CHAN DOWN and CHAN UP buttons on the TiVo remote to highlight your TV brand and then press SELECT.
4) The TV Remote Codes screen appears. Follow the instructions on this screen to enter a code into your remote control. If the first code does not work, repeat the instructions to enter the second remote control code, and so forth, until you find a code that works. The remote is now programmed to operate the TV.
5) If also programming to control volume & mute on an A/V receiver for surround sound; Highlight Part 2: A/V volume and mute and press SELECT.
6) The DVR displays a list of audio/video receiver brands. Use the UP ARROW and DOWN ARROW buttons and the CHAN DOWN and CHAN UP buttons on the TiVo remote to highlight your receiver brand and then press SELECT.
7) The AV Remote Codes screen appears.
Follow the instructions on this screen to enter a code into your remote control. If the first code does not work, repeat the instructions to enter the second remote control code, and so forth, until you find a code that works. The remote is now programmed to operate the receiver.
The TiVo remote will now turn the TV on/off and switch inputs and adjust the volume and mute the audio on the receiver.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at shannon-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!
Nov 23, 2012 | Flat Panel Televisions
Nov 18, 2011 | Samsung 50 in. Plasma TV
Please check this code 11610, if it works.
Please get back to us if you have further query or else please
accept the solution.
Thanks for contacting fixya.com
Sep 11, 2011 | Flat Panel Televisions
Push the TiVo button on the remote. Then push "Messages and Settings," followed by "Settings," and finally press "Remote Control." This will show you the three areas of the remote that are programmable. "TV Power, Volume and Mute," is one section. "AV Volume and Mute," is the second section. The final section is "TV Input."
Pick "TV Power, Volume, and Mute" by pushing right on the direction pad of the remote. This will open up a list of all the brand names of TV that exist. You will find most TV brands will be there.
Find your brand of television and select that option. If your brand is not there, simply go to the TiVo webpage and under "Setup and Support" you will find others who have experience this issue. There you will find a code for your TV. This happens sometimes when the TV is a lesser known brand.
Hold down the button you are programming (i.e. TV Power) for 5 seconds until the red light on top stays on. Then enter one of the codes on the screen.
Push the newly programmable button to test its functionality. If it does not work, repeat the steps with all the possible codes available. One of the codes will work.
Push "Live TV" at this point to watch television.
Use the manual which came with your TiVo in addition to this guide. In the front of the booklet will be a starter guide, which will lead you through the steps necessary to set up your remote for optimum use.
Mar 23, 2011 | Flat Panel Televisions
Oct 18, 2009 | Toshiba 26 26AV502R 26 in. LCD HDTV
Jan 27, 2009 | Polaroid 4226TLMB 42 in. LCD TV
Nov 22, 2008 | Vizio L37 Television
Nov 26, 2007 | Polaroid FLM-4201 42 in. LCD Television
Dec 09, 2016 | Vizio VW32L 32 in. LCD HDTV
393 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!