Question about HP Officejet Pro L7580 All-In-One InkJet Printer
This morning I was printing things on my HP L7580, an hour later I went back to print something else .. The screen was blank. i checked all the plugs, nothing happened. I have owned this printer for 6 months. Any suggestions, or clues as to what happened ?
Does it make any noises or signs of life if you cycle the power?
Is this unit mains powered or does it run from the USB cable only?
If USB only try another USB port on your PC
If mains powered, check the outlet still has power, the cable is plugged into the back of printer. Some printers have a clip out PSU (usually a rectangular box that the mains cable goes into) push it in firmly as it may be loose (you may be able to clip it out and re seat it completely - ensure mains is OFF first). Check the on/off switch is in the correct position, try powering up when not connected to the PC.
Post back results so I may try and assist further.
Posted on Jul 12, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 04, 2013 | HP Officejet Pro L7580 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 02, 2010 | HP Officejet Pro L7580 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 01, 2017 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 13, 2009 | HP Pavilion tx2500z Tablet PC
Jun 09, 2009 | Epson CX8400 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 03, 2009 | HP Officejet Pro L7580 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 20, 2008 | HP Officejet Pro L7580 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 22, 2008 | HP OfficeJet Pro L7580 Color All-in-One...
Mar 19, 2008 | HP Officejet Pro L7580 All-In-One InkJet...
I had the same problem plus had problems with message indicating "alignment failed" and to monitor the blakc/yellow print head. The print quality was very bad in black. It seemed to print about 1.5 lines and then skip a line. When I replaced black and yellow it seemed to get better print quality was just as bad. Finally called HP support. These are the steps they told me to do.
1. disconnect power
2. remove all ink cartridges
3. remove and clean contacts of both print heads
4. perform simultaneously the following press 6 and # on the keypad while at the same time plug in the power.
5. --- the printer came on (black squares on the screen) and then shut off.
6. --- was told to power up the printer
7. Printer began checking device(took a long time)
8. Printer began aligning printer (took a long time)
9. Finally finished = Message on screen "Alignment Failed"
10. Still not printing and hours later.
11. They will be replacing printer
12. Then they hit you with that you should buy a set of inkjet cartidges from them at $109.96 - warranty 2yr, works better, etc.
13. Sent to somebody else to arrange shipping new printer.
14. Free shipping 5-7 days - big deal - placed my work (home office) on hold.
16. Service help - listen when it follows the script, otherwise like talking to a door (In India).
17. Finally get transfered to somebody else and he informs me that he is not authorize to give me a new printer, need to talk to somebody else who is not there. Advises to call during business hours. He said that he could request that I be called back but that it could take a 1.5 days to get back to me.
18. I am going to call tomorrow morning during business hours - wish me luck.
I don't know what is awaiting but IN The Future I will not talk to anybody from INDIA - they do not have authority and do not listen (but maybe they don't listen because they can't do anything about it).
Oct 03, 2007 | HP OfficeJet Pro L7580 Color All-in-One...
71 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!