Question about Dell PowerEdge 1600SC Server
If you could be so kind to tell me how to open the case of my poweredge 1800 to add the memory chips I have purchased. I replaced the memory on three other computers in my office, but I am unable to see how to take the case off of this model...thank you, Jack
First, turn off the system including any attached peripherals, and disconnect the system from its electrical outlet.
1. Using the system key, unlock the front bezel.
2. Slide the latch right and pull the top edge of the bezel away from the front panel. Pivot the bezel downward until it is at an angle to the panel. Remove the bezel from the slots on the panel.
3. Loosen the three thumbscrews on the left side of the cover.
4. Grasp the cover at both ends and slide it towards the front of the system. And lift the cover away from the system.
5. Press the release tab on the front and back of Fan 2 assembly, then slide the fan assembly (black plastic shroud) up and out of the system
6. Disconnect the power cable for the Fan 2 assembly from the system board.
You can now access the six memory slots. Review System Memory / General Memory Module Installation Guidelines and carefully install the new memory modules.
I have provided some pictures below to help you.
Posted on Jul 12, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 17, 2011 | Dell PowerEdge 1800 Server
Jan 25, 2011 | Dell PowerEdge 1800 Server
Sep 30, 2010 | Dell PowerEdge 1800 Server
May 17, 2010 | Dell PowerEdge 1800 Server
Jan 25, 2010 | Dell PowerEdge 1600SC Server
Nov 20, 2009 | Dell PowerEdge 1800 Server
Jun 10, 2009 | Dell PowerEdge 1800 Server
Apr 29, 2009 | Dell PowerEdge 1800 Server
3,877 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: