Question about Philips DVP-3005 DVD Player
Pls try a full master reset which if done correctly would revert the unit back to factory default:
1. Power on the unit;
2. open the front panel lid to have access to the controls;
3. simultaneously press and hold the channel up and down buttons;
4. wait till "BYE" is displayed;
5. wait till clock switches off;
6. power on again and re-configure.
You may need to restore "Region Free"
1. Power on the DVP 3005.
2. Bring up the System Menu.
3. Navigate to the Preferences page.
4. Press the following combination of keys on your remote in this order to bring up the secret menu showing the Region Code.
1 3 5 5 6 6.
5. Use the arrow keys on the remote control to change the Region. To make it region free, set the Region code to “0′ (zero).
6. Exit the System Menu.
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Jul 11, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 08, 2011 | Philips DVP3040 DVD Player
Jan 06, 2011 | Philips DVP3962 DVD Player
Jun 04, 2010 | Samsung DVD-V4600 DVD Player/VCR
Jan 24, 2010 | Insignia I-PD720 Portable DVD Player
Jul 17, 2008 | Zenith DVP615 Portable DVD Player
Same problems with my unit. But, try this... I think it worked. First, you can not get to the setup screen for the unit with a DVD in the player. So, remove the DVD first: Unplug the unit, wait a few seconds, plug it back in. Then hit the DVD open button and remove DVD in player.
I think the issue with not reading certain DVDs is a problem with the "parental control" on the unit. Without setting parental control there were a few DVDs I could not play and sometimes (not always) I was asked about parental control before a movie would play. At the Sony Blue DVD screen, select Setup on the remote control. Select DVD setup and get to Parental control. Set a password. This will then take you to a "rating" screen. By setting the rating very high (I set mine for #8) any movie should play without needing the password. With no password set, you can not change the "rating" and hence mine was set at #1 (kids). It seems to have worked for now anyway. Good luck.
Oct 14, 2007 | Sony SLV-D300P DVD Player/VCR
120 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: