Question about Canon DR-2050C Path-Through Scanner
Every time I try to scan a batch it will do the first page no problem and then halfway through the 2nd it always says "paper jammed, please clear and continue...Canon DR-2050C/2080C Driver version 2.2.10412.07001 (-4426)"
I finally solved my problem. Now it works like new.
- The spring that returns the next sheet detector (small black plastic rocker arm between the two rollers on the back side) came off. So the scanner cannot detect transition from one page to the next. This spring is located inside the device and you cannot fix it from the outside.
- You know if you have this problem if you don't hear a "click" sound after each page is scanned. Without the spring attached the rocker will not return on every page. When it doesn't return the scanner think it is still on the first page and will not scan the next page. The "click" after each page is NORMAL. Without the click is the first sign your spring came off.
Solution (Only recommended for people handy with hardware and the unit is no longer under warranty)
1. Turn off power and unplug the device.
2. Pop off the plastic cover to the back of the scanner
3. Remove the screws that holds the plastic cover to the back.
4. Remove the screw by pushing on the retainer clips. DO NOT loosen any gears or motors.
5. Locate the rocker arm and re-connect the (very small) spring
6. Warning - if the LED light pipe falls out be careful how you put it back. This is a transparent widget at the top to route a LED light to the top of the device to indicate the power on status.
Sorry I didn't take pictures. If this sounds too complicated, send it to Canon for repair. Took me about a day to figure out exactly what was wrong and how to disassemble the scanner to fix it.
Posted on May 26, 2009
I ran the scanner adjustment using the included adjustment sheet. Problem solved!
Posted on Feb 09, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 12, 2010 | Canon DR-2050C Path-Through Scanner
Sep 18, 2009 | Canon DR-2050C Path-Through Scanner
Aug 19, 2009 | Canon DR-2050C Path-Through Scanner
Jun 08, 2009 | Canon DR-2050C Path-Through Scanner
Jul 05, 2008 | Canon DR-2050C Path-Through Scanner
Dec 19, 2007 | Canon DR-2050C Path-Through Scanner
2,264 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: