Question about Tomtom GO 700 GPS Receiver
Check out what I have recived after paying out £60 for an updated map. The map will not load using the latest TOMTOM home v2.2. and I must reload the Tom Tom Hom v1.5
I have copied the email correspondence I've recived from the help line. Do we realy have to go through this long envolved procedure just to load the map?!! I tied but it still will not load.
STEP 1 Install TomTom Home 1.5
- Uninstall TomTom Home from your Computer
- Delete the following folder from your PC 'My Computer/TomTom/Home/Downloads', On a Mac, On the finder bar, click on Home -> Documents -> TomTom -> Home -> Downloads, delete all the files and folders in this directory.
- Download and install TomTom Home from :-http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/application/latest/TomTomHOMEwinlatest.exe
(on Mac click on http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/application/latest/TomTomHOMEmaclatest.dmg)
- Once installed, make a FULL Backup of your TomTom device.
** IMPORTANT **
Please proceed with the next steps if you have made a full backup of your device as described in step 1. If you are unable to make a backup, please contact us immediately.
STEP 2 Format your device
- Open My Computer
- Right click on the TomTom device drive and choose 'Format'
- Proceed with formatting your TomTom device.
On a Mac:-
- On a mac, you can format the disk via 'Disk Utility', Select the TomTom drive and select 'MS DOS File System' and press erase.
The application can be found under Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility
STEP 3 Install the Application via Home 1.5
- Open TomTom Home
- A list of updates should appear, make sure that the application update is the only item that is selected
- Download and install the Program Application updates, this will install the version 6 update to your TomTom
- Once complete, switch your TomTom off, safely disconnect it from the Computer, switch your TomTom back on.
- The device will load up and say 'no maps found'.
- Repeat this step until there are no further application updates.
- Once complete, close TomTom Home 1.5 from the system tray of your PC, in the bottom right hand corner of your
screen by the computer clock, right click on the red icon and choose Exit. (On a Mac, simply exit the program)
STEP 4 Install TomTom Home 2.2
- Download and Install TomTom Home 2.2 from :-
(on Mac click on http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/application/home2latest/TomTomHOME2maclatest.dmg)
- Open TomTom Home 2.2
STEP 5 Install the Map and Voices
- Connect your TomTom to your Computer
- Open TomTom Home 2.2
- Click on 'Update my Go'
- A list of updates should appear, select the application, the map and the voices that you need.
- Click on 'Download updates'
- Once complete, switch your TomTom off, disconnect it from the Computer, switch your TomTom back on.
- The device will load up with your new map installed.
Everything from this point should now be working. If you have any issues, please make a note of what is happening and state what error messages that you get if there are any.
I have managed to solve the problem of loading a new map on my Go700 using a Mac. I discovered that Tomtom is incompatible with the Leopad operaying system, despite the protestations of the idiots at Tomtom ,so I reverted to an older Mac using Tiger.
Taking the instructions given to crinold, I tried to erase the disc on the 700 using home 1.5 - and it didn't work. So I went to disc utilities, highlighted and erased the Tomtom disc, and opened home 2,5. After being refused entry several times, like being told to load an already loaded device, I persevered, and managed, slowly, to add the map I had bought for 78 euros. T]One point oif interes is that when I bought the map, they site stated it would cost 63 pounds sterling, but switched it to euros when the invoice arrived. at a rate very favourable to Tomtom - funny, that.
This is sharp practice,probably illegal in many countries,, but, to be honest, dealing with the mysterious Tomtom company is so frustrating, that I don't have the time or inclination to fight them for the money they cheated from me.
How they survive with such an awful product and extremely bad after sales service is hard to understand - perhaps they won't ... we live in hope.
Posted on Mar 19, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 06, 2017 | GPS
Jan 05, 2017 | Garmin nuvi 65LM 6" GPS with Lifetime Map...
Jan 04, 2017 | GPS
Aug 16, 2014 | Mio Moov R503t Gps Navigation
Jun 14, 2014 | GPS
Sep 24, 2013 | GPS
Dec 22, 2010 | Tomtom Navigator Bluetooth GPS Receiver
Oct 16, 2010 | Tomtom One XL GPS Receiver
2,486 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!