What may be the cause of slow internet connection after i use my d-link di-704p? before i directly connect my dsl into the lan port of my pc, i used router so as to share my connection with other pc, but then even if only 1 pc uses the internet, my internet connection became. what can you advise? thank you.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Just connect one of the LAN ports of the DI-704P to a LAN port of your WRT54G. Try using a standard network cable. If the port status lights does not turn on on both sides when you connect the cable, use a "crossover" cable. Important: leave the DI-704P WAN port empty.
2. Disable the DHCP server on your DI-704P, your WRT54G will be the DHCP server.
3. Assign a static IP address to you DI-704P, different from your WRT54G. Example, if your WRT54G has 192.168.2.1, you may assign 192.168.2.4 to your DI-704P. Make sure that the IP address you assign is outside the DHCP range configured in your WRT54G and that the subnet mask is identical on both.
You will then be able to use your print server from any wired and wireless computer and the remaining LAN ports both on the WRT54G and DI-704P.
WAN s not for your use now. dont dig with it bro.. tel me one thing.. what kind of connection you have? does the modem stores the password or you type the pass each time manually to connect to internet