Question about Kenwood KDC-X590 CD Player
I bought this almost 7 years back and now I've hadthe car battery changed and fogotten the code..can you please tell me how to reset it? I don't have a remote control so those three methods can't be used..and I'm at least 3 hrs from any car dealer/service..please help!! thank u!
1. Forced Power ON mode (All models)
Even when the security (Mask key) is approved,
resetting the unit while holding the ATT and Preset 4
keys makes it possible to turn the power ON for 30
After 30 minutes have elapsed, it is not possible to
return to the previous condition unless the unit is reset
This is the only real way of clearing it but you need a remote
3. Simplified method of clearing the security code
(K Type only)
1. While the code entry is requested, press and hold the
VOL UP key for 3 seconds while holding the DISP key
pressed. (This should turn "----" off.)
2. Enter "KCAR" from the remote. (Same way as the 01
• Press the 5 key on the remote twice, then press the
Track Up key. (This enters "K".)
• Press the 2 key on the remote 3 times, then press
the Track Up key. (This enters "C".)
• Press the 2 key on the remote once, then press the
Track Up key. (This enters "A".)
• Press the 7 key on the remote twice, then press the
Track Up key. (This enters "R".)
3. The security code is cleared and the unit enters the
ALL OFF mode.
4. If you commit a mistake in the code entry, the unit
enters the code request mode again.
Posted on Jul 25, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 26, 2011 | Kenwood KDC-MP228 CD Player
Nov 14, 2010 | Kenwood KDC-M6024 CD Player
Apr 28, 2010 | Kenwood KDC-MV6521 CD Player
Sep 27, 2009 | Kenwood KDC-5021 CD Player
Sep 11, 2008 | Kenwood KDC-4019 CD Player
365 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: