Question about Microwave Ovens
> silver card thing
This is the waveguide cover and it provides important protection for the magnetron.
The waveguide cover is usually about the size of a playing card and often held in place by a plastic rivet.
Quite often this is due to grease or food particles stuck to the inside of the oven or stuck on or behind the waveguide cover.
It can be fragile, and the metal edges of the oven behind it can be sharp, so be careful!
The cover and the metal behind it should be cleaned with a mild, non-ammonia cleaner.
If the cavity metal of the oven is chipped or charred, it will have to be sanded smooth and clean and dried thoroughly.
Then you can apply some high-temperature appliance paint.
If your waveguide cover is burned, it will need to be replaced.
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Jul 11, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 11, 2015 | DeLonghi Microwave Ovens
Feb 01, 2013 | Microwave Ovens
Sep 04, 2011 | DeLonghi Microwave Ovens
Aug 03, 2011 | DeLonghi MW 535 Microwave Oven
Jun 09, 2011 | DeLonghi Microwave Ovens
Hi, Microwave Oven Troubleshooting Tips
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....
Microwave Oven Troubleshooting Tips
Dec 12, 2010 | Emerson Black Microwave Oven
May 18, 2010 | DeLonghi MW 605 Convection/Microwave Oven
Jul 29, 2008 | DeLonghi Microwave Ovens
Apr 21, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
578 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!