After you posted your answer to my rained on phone I figured what have I got to lose so I dried it with a hair dryer. It still didn't work so I put in back in its cradle. That was last night and today its working!!!!. This phone has been dead for two days and now on the 3rd day its working. Go figure.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I wouldn't recommend disassembling it.
One common solution to dry out the phone is to put it in your oven. Preheat your oven to the lowest setting, normally ~180 degrees. After it's done preheating, turn it off and wait for about 15-20 minutes. Then place your phone inside your oven and close the door.
The temperature by waiting will decrease to around 150 or less, which won't melt the plastic case, but will give enough heat to dry out the phone. Leave it in there for an hour or so, then see if it's dry.
Before you do it, remove the battery and battery cover from the phone. This will give the moisture somewhere to escape, and reduce your risk of damage to the battery pack.
Once a piece of electronic equipment gets wet, you need to disassemble it, remove the battery and dry it carefully using a lint free cloth. Then use a hair dryer to dry it out. Do not put the hair dryer too close as you could overheat and damage the item. If you wait too long to do this, the water may have already fatally damaged your phone as things begin corroding quickly. Good luck!
Water could have gotten inside the the box, condensation gets inside the wiring causing the short, when it gets humid, it bridges creating a short. It might not be the answer for you but thats what happened to me...
I think not, as long as you have a bandwidth more than 128 kbps, then it's ok. Have you tried using an AC powered USB Hub? What operating system do you have? Have you tried plugging it to a different USB port?
My God, you should have gotten a blow dryer immediately and dried the circuits. Not a hot heat, but a steady heat clean clear through. it has worked every time I dropped the phone in the toilet or the dishwater.