Question about Televison & Video
I Turned on the TV in the AM to find the picture dramatically pin-cushioned. I played with the settings but to no avail. I then 'explored' the various menus in the service menu structure and evidently changed the wrong setting as the picture went black for a moment then upon returning only displayed a blue screen - still greatly pin-cushioned. Is there a way to reset the TV to the factory service menu default settings so I can at least see the picture? I tried leaving the TV off and unplugged for a day but that did not change anything. I live in the Colorado Mountains and getting TV service is a challenge.
Try this one:
1. Unplug your power cord from the box (NOT THE
2. Wait 3-5 min... No more than 5 MIN (very important)
3. Hold down the power and select button at the same time and don’t let go.
4. Have someone plug the power back in… and keep holding the power and select button.
5. Don’t let go until it gets to 0 (it's about 5 min)
6. Once it gets to 0 then it will stop counting down, that when you let go!!
7. Don’t touch anything,
8. The screen will reset and it will go blank. nad that's it
Hope that helps....
Posted on Jul 10, 2008
Unfortunately with brands like this they are known as throw away tv's to begin with so even if you did want to have it serviced it still would probably not be worth it. Also getting parts for tv's from companies like this are even harder. I would recommend replacement. You can sell your old units for parts on craigslist or ebay.
Hope this helps, I would hate for you to waste money a new unit comes with a warranty.
Posted on Jul 10, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 06, 2016 | Prima Televison & Video
Mar 15, 2008 | Televison & Video
Dec 07, 2008 | Prima C2012 TV
Sep 30, 2008 | Prima CV2011 TV
551 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: