Trying to sync my ipod with my new computer and the message I keep getting is that I will have to delete all my songs that are now on my ipod. Is there a way around having to delete all my songs just to use my new computer?????
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Generally speaking, you'll clean up your iPod with iTunes to erase unwanted songs and add new songs. You have two ways to delete music from iPod with iTunes, and they can be helpful when you want to get rid of the unwanted songs. iTunes provides automatic and manual methods to help you manage the songs in your device. When you are using the automatic way to manage iPod music, every time you connect iPod to computer with USB cable, your iPod will sync with iTunes Music library. If you have your iTunes Music library organized, you can delete unwanted music from iPod with this easy method. If you want to manually edit your iPod music, you can check Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically in iTunes by clicking Edit > Preferences > Devices. Then you can manually sync the songs and playlists to your iPod with iTunes. How to Delete Music from iPod
The first way is uncheck the songs you want to delete on iTunes and then sync iTunes with ipod again, then the songs you want to delete will lose from iPod.
The second way is use leawo iTransfer to delete songs from iPod, the way is connect iPod to leawo iTransfer, then right click on the music you want to delete from iPod on leawo iTransfer to choose "Delete", then the music will be deleted soon. However, this tool can only work on Windows computer.
1. Connect your iPod to the computer. You cannot delete files from the iPod directly, and must use the iTunes interface to add and remove content from the iPod. Connect the device to the computer by plugging the long end of the sync cable (which came bundled with your iPod) into the data port of the iPod and then plugging the USB side into your computer.
2. Launch iTunes. Once you have plugged in your iPod, launch the iTunes program. You may need to wait a few moments while the program locates your iPod. You will know that your iPod has been located because a small icon that looks like your iPod will pop up on the left side of the iTunes program.
3. Click on your iPod to show the Device menu and then scroll over to the center pane where the music is. Find the song(s) you wish to delete. Left-click on the song (or album) you want to delete and then right-click.
4. Select "Remove" from the submenu. A message will pop up asking if you only want to remove it from the iPod or whether you want to remove it from the iPod and iTunes. If you want to keep a copy of the file(s) on your computer, select the option that removes the file only from your iPod. Once the file has been removed, go back to the iPod menu and select "Sync" from the center pane. This will remove the song from your iPod.
hello when you sync your ipod it will automatically delete all your music off it other then that the 8gig ipod has no delete function on it ,have you try-ed syncing it to a diff computer to see if its your itunes software that's causing the problem ?
What youve probably done is unselected the playlists that was previously on your ipod so you could sync the new playlists. By doing this the ipod would automatically delete the old songs off your ipod and then sync the new ones. I'm guessing youve managed to upload new songs onto your ipod?
It could also be your using a different computer and by syncing the ipod to a new computer it would automatically delete previous playlists.
I suggest using a programme called sharepod where you dont need to use itunes and is much more simpler. The link is below.