Question about Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain Garage Door Opener Wireless Keypad Model 976LM Security+
Likely the plastic gears are worn out. Unplug the unit from power source, remove the cover, look at the gears. If worn, it will be obvious from the shavings from the gears. You can buy the gear kit on EBAY for a little as $20 depending on the manufacturer and model. Before removing the chain drive, lock a pair of vice grips on the chain and metal chain rail to keep the chain from turning from its current position. The gears can be replaced without removing the opener. Even if you have to remove the opener, it is a simple task. Most have four bolts that need to be removed and it will be in you hands.
Posted on Jan 15, 2009
Try unplugging the unit for ten seconds.If that dont do anything youre have to call wayne dalton they should warranty the light socket replacement ,super easy to change out.
Posted on May 10, 2009
Check the contact at the bottom of the socket and (with the unit unplugged) lift (or pull) it up to make contact with the bulb easier or tighten the bulb a bit more than normal.
Does the light ever come on?
Posted on Jul 28, 2009
1. In the vehicle press and hold the two outside buttons until the indicator light begins to flash (after 20 seconds). Release both buttons. Note: Some vehicles may require the ignition switch to be turned to the second (or "accessory") position during the programming process.
2. Hold the end of your handheld transmitter between 1 and 3 inches away from the Homelink surface (located on your visor or overhead console) keeping the indicator light in view.
3. Using both hands, simultaneously push the handheld transmitter button and the desired HomeLink button. DO NOT release the buttons until step 4 has been completed.
4. Hold down both buttons until the indicator light on the HomeLink Wireless Control System flashes, first slowly then rapidly. When the indicator light flashes rapidly, both buttons may be released. (The rapidly flashing light indicates successful programming of the new frequency signal.)
To train your garage door opener.
1. Locate the smart/learn button on the garage door opener motor head unit.
2. Press and immediately release the smart/learn button.
Firmly press and release the programmed HomeLink button. Press and release the HomeLink button a second time to complete the training process. (Some garage door openers may require you to do this procedure a third time to complete the training.)
Posted on Feb 23, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 07, 2015 | Wayne-Dalton Wayne Dalton 297138 or...
Aug 21, 2011 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Jan 10, 2011 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
May 16, 2010 | liftmaster Chamberlain Garage Door Opener...
Jul 03, 2009 | 2003 Lexus ES 300
Jun 28, 2009 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
May 07, 2009 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Nov 27, 2008 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Apr 18, 2016 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
1,854 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!