Question about Televison & Video
SOURCE: Samsung SH853M
Region Hack for Samsung SH853M
Here is the hack for all region's players. It changes regions and unlocks the ability to use Hi-Def modes (720p,1080i etc) through Component connections - some regions ship with this disabled!
Power on player with no disc in tray.
1. Press the Repeat button on your remote control
Don't confuse with the Repeat A-B button
2.If your player was purchased in Region 1:
Press the buttons 2, 9, 3, 3 and 4 on your remote control, in order one at a time
If it was purchased in Region 2:
Press the buttons 5, 7, 5, 3 and 8 on your remote control, in order one at a time
For Region 3 players:
Press the buttons 5, 6, 7, 3 and 2 on your remote control, in order one at a time
For Region 4 players:
Press the buttons 7, 6, 8, 8 and 4 on your remote control, in order one at a time
For Region 5 players:
Press the buttons 5, 3, 8, 1 and 4 on your remote control, in order one at a time
For Region 6 players:
Press the buttons 2, 4, 4, 6 and 2 on your remote control, in order one at a time
3. The numbers 01 or similar current region code will be displayed on the top left of your onscreen display
4. Press 9 for multi-region playback or the button on your remote control for your region eg. 2 for region 2.
NB: The above step is time sensitive and needs to be performed quickly.
5. Open your DISC tray and leave open for 15 secs.
6. After 15 seconds have elapsed, power off your player and the DISC tray will be closed and player shut off.
7. Power on player and it is now set to the new region code you chose in step 4 above
Posted on Jan 23, 2008
SOURCE: region code
1. Open the tray
2. press the following sequence using the number keys: 98790 (this is equivalent to the code 9879 with the zero at the end representing all regions)
3. Press Close Tray - there should be a sign on the TV screen saying something like 'Region set to 0'
4. Turn off the DVD player for 5 seconds
5. Turn on the DVD player.
Posted on Jul 06, 2008
SOURCE: Hi i need the hack
My brother got this one as part of a deal and I hunted around and found that most if not all HT variants have the same region free hack:
1. Remove disc from tray.
2. Switch off player and unplug from mains.
3. Wait 30 seconds, then reconnect mains.
4. Turn on player with remote. Wait for player to finish loading and display 'no disc'.
5. Press enter on remote. (There will be no on-screen response.)
6. Press 8, 4, 2, 6, 9 on the remote. (There will be no on-screen response.)
7. Press enter on the remote. Player will automatically shut off.
8. Turn player on.
9. turn off.
10. Turn player off then on again.
11. Player is now region-free.
Did this on a Samsung HT-Z310 and other than I think maybe the tray not opening when it said it worked fine and the player is now region free.
Posted on Aug 29, 2008
Turn on power. Open lid. Enter 9735 with the remote and press 'enter', you can choose between making your player region-free or a different region in addition to R1. Select the desired region unlock and press 'enter'.
Posted on Dec 06, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 03, 2016 | JVC HR-XVC1U DVD-VCR Combo
Jan 20, 2016 | Mitsubishi DD-6030 DVD Player
Nov 26, 2015 | Televison & Video
Apr 09, 2012 | Televison & Video
Dec 20, 2009 | Panasonic DVD-A160 DVD Player
Jul 24, 2009 | Philips Magnavox DVD Player MWD200F
Dec 04, 2008 | Televison & Video
Oct 18, 2008 | Yahoo Diamond Vision DVDC803-04 DVD Player
Jan 01, 2008 | Samsung DVD-V4600 DVD Player/VCR
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!