An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: LCD display fault (blank) on Zebra card printer
Hi, If the printer has blank lcd on standalone this means it is not a computer or system related problem. Reversing your diagnosis on previous post: In the Best case it is just a faulty lcd, or lcd ribbon out of place or broken. The relay thing does not make much sense, it is easier to think that it may be any faulty capacitor or IC on main board. Basically if it prints it is for sure the lcd (display or cable). You can chose to take printer apart or to use it like this, if it does not print or is not recognised by computer, then printer is faulty.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Make sure that label guides are positioned correctly.
2. Make sure that media sensor is positioned correctly.
3. Make sur that media type is set for non continuous labels.
4. possible sensor fault tis will require an engineer.
Knowing that you were able to complete the proper cleaning procedure using the short and long cards, and the printer is on ready status, try to change the ribbon and test. Make sure the card is properly inserted with the magnetic stripe on the top facing down. Also make sure that the ribbon is properly loaded. There should be an instruction on the cover for its proper orientation.
If it still does not print, make sure your configuration on the printer is set to the proper type of cards HICO or LOCO and the ribbon type is properly set to YMCKO for color. Also, check if you have enabled mag stripe encoding or if you don't need to have it enabled. Enabling means that the printer will check for the mag stripe if its good or bad. If bad the printer will reject the card.
Do a self test print by following the below.
1. Set the printer's power switch (on the back of the printer) to the OFF ( O ) position.
2. While pressing the Printer's front panel button (next to the LCD display panel), switch the
printer ON ( ' ).
3. Hold the panel button until the LCD display panel reads "SELF TEST".
4. Release the panel button, and the test card will print
If no prints, observed for any mechanical errors on the printer. Normally mechanical errors are detected by the printer with corresponding error message.
If none of the above works then you might have a print head problem. You may attempt to clean it by following below. Else if it does not help then have your print head replaced.
A cleaning using the Cleaning Cards usually suffices. However, a separate Print Head cleaning
can remove more stubborn deposits when print anomalies persist. To avoid deposits, only use
1. Place the printer power switch in the OFF ( O ) position.
2. Open the Main Cover, release the Print Head Carriage, and remove the ribbon. Leave the
Print Head Carriage in its raised position. (For details, see Chapter 2.)
3. Clean Print Head by moving an alcohol-moistened swab tip side-to-side across the Print
Head elements. Only use moderate force. To re-order swabs, please refer to the Media List
on the Windows Drivers and User Documentation CD supplied with this printer.
4. The swabs can also be used in a similar manner to clean the optional magnetic encoding
Press and hold feed button for 2 -3 seconds and switch on printer.Printer will calibra and print test page .if problem is not solved Go to printer menu and select ribbon and media calibration.it will calibra te printer and problem will be solved
It could mean that the ribbon sensor on the printer is broken. Sounds like you need to send back to zebra for repair. This is free if printer is still under warranty. check out zebra's website for info on how to return printers for service.