Question about Printers & Copiers
Hi I encountered a similiar problem with my HP PSC 2310 printer recently. "file:///C:/Program%20Files/HP/Digital%20Imaging/Skins/hp1/sc/scan.htm". Following are the soultions provided by HP team. Solved mine using solution #1. Hope this is of help :)
1. Double-click on 'My Computer' icon on the desktop.
2. Double-click on C:
3. Double-click on 'Program Files'.
4. Double-click on 'HP' folder.
5. Double-click on 'Digital Imaging' folder.
6. Double-click on 'Skins' folder.
7. Locate and double-click on 'hp1' folder.
8. Locate, right-click on 'skins.xml' file and select 'Copy'.
9. Click on the 'Back' arrow to go to the 'Skins' folder.
10. Double-click on 'hp2' or 'oov1' folder.
11. In the folder, right-click on any blank space and select 'Paste'.
12. Now restart your computer and check the functionality.
If the issue still persists, please follow solution 2.
1. Insert the All-in-one software CD in your computer and cancel any installation screen that may appear.
2. Double-click on 'My Computer' icon.
3. Right-click on the CD-ROM drive that contains the software CD and select 'Open'.
4. Double-click on the 'Setup' folder.
5. Double-click on the 'SkinsHP' folder.
6. Right-click on the file 'SkinsHP1.MSI' file and select 'Install'.
7. Again right-click on the file 'SkinsHP1.MSI' file and select 'Repair'.
8. Restart the computer and check the functionality.
Solution 3: Uninstall and reinstall of the software.
1. Insert the CD that came along with the printer.
2. In the CD contents, you will be able to view a folder named "UTIL".
3. Inside the UTIL folder there will be a folder named "CCC".
4. In the CCC folder, among the various files, you will be able to view four files named, Uninstall_L1.bat, Uninstall_L2.bat, Uninstall_L3.bat and Uninstall_L4.bat.
5. First double click on Uninstall_L1.bat file. A black DOS window will open up. This will uninstall the software by Level 1 method. It will take a while until Level 1 uninstallation is complete.
6. Similarly complete level 4 uninstallation by clicking on Uninstall_L2.bat, Uninstall_L3.bat and then in Uninstall_L4.bat.
7. This completes level 4 uninstallation of the software.
8. Now install the software from the CD and check if the issue is resolved.
Posted on Nov 28, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 13, 2010 | HP Photosmart Premium C309A All-In-One...
May 09, 2010 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
Nov 13, 2009 | HP PSC 2355 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 13, 2009 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
May 19, 2009 | HP PSC 1315 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 19, 2009 | HP PSC 1410v All-in-One Printer
Apr 28, 2009 | HP PSC 1315 All-in-One Printer
Jun 08, 2008 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
May 25, 2008 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 19, 2008 | HP OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One InkJet...
806 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!