Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Hi I encountered a similiar problem with my HP PSC 2310 printer recently. "file:///C:/Program%20Files/HP/Digital%20Imaging/Skins/hp1/sc/scan.htm". Following are the soultions provided by HP team. Solved mine using solution #1. Hope this is of help :)
1. Double-click on 'My Computer' icon on the desktop.
2. Double-click on C:
3. Double-click on 'Program Files'.
4. Double-click on 'HP' folder.
5. Double-click on 'Digital Imaging' folder.
6. Double-click on 'Skins' folder.
7. Locate and double-click on 'hp1' folder.
8. Locate, right-click on 'skins.xml' file and select 'Copy'.
9. Click on the 'Back' arrow to go to the 'Skins' folder.
10. Double-click on 'hp2' or 'oov1' folder.
11. In the folder, right-click on any blank space and select 'Paste'.
12. Now restart your computer and check the functionality.
If the issue still persists, please follow solution 2.
1. Insert the All-in-one software CD in your computer and cancel any installation screen that may appear.
2. Double-click on 'My Computer' icon.
3. Right-click on the CD-ROM drive that contains the software CD and select 'Open'.
4. Double-click on the 'Setup' folder.
5. Double-click on the 'SkinsHP' folder.
6. Right-click on the file 'SkinsHP1.MSI' file and select 'Install'.
7. Again right-click on the file 'SkinsHP1.MSI' file and select 'Repair'.
8. Restart the computer and check the functionality.
Solution 3: Uninstall and reinstall of the software.
1. Insert the CD that came along with the printer.
2. In the CD contents, you will be able to view a folder named "UTIL".
3. Inside the UTIL folder there will be a folder named "CCC".
4. In the CCC folder, among the various files, you will be able to view four files named, Uninstall_L1.bat, Uninstall_L2.bat, Uninstall_L3.bat and Uninstall_L4.bat.
5. First double click on Uninstall_L1.bat file. A black DOS window will open up. This will uninstall the software by Level 1 method. It will take a while until Level 1 uninstallation is complete.
6. Similarly complete level 4 uninstallation by clicking on Uninstall_L2.bat, Uninstall_L3.bat and then in Uninstall_L4.bat.
7. This completes level 4 uninstallation of the software.
8. Now install the software from the CD and check if the issue is resolved.
Posted on Nov 28, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 22, 2014 | Casio Exilim EX-Z750 Digital Camera
Aug 08, 2014 | HP Deskjet 1055 All-in-one - Multifunction...
Aug 13, 2010 | HP Photosmart Premium C309A All-In-One...
May 09, 2010 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
Nov 13, 2009 | HP PSC 2355 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 19, 2009 | HP PSC 1315 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 28, 2009 | HP PSC 1315 All-in-One Printer
Sep 12, 2008 | HP ScanJet 3970 Flatbed Scanner
May 25, 2008 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 24, 2017 | Samsung Xpress C410W Laser Printer
Feb 24, 2017 | Xerox Office Equipment & Supplies
806 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!