Question about Electronics - Others
It is recognized by the computer but i cant open it..it says "disk is not formatted, do you want to format it now?"
but i cant also format it..
it says it cannot be formatted...
ders no problem in the parts or the hardware..
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Right click on My Computer, choose Manage
A Computer Management console will appear.
On the left lokk for Disk Management and click on it.
Wait a little until the values on the right loads.
Now locate the Kingston drive, right click it and format it.
Don;t forget to rate this answer if it helps
Posted on Jul 21, 2009
TRY SOME OF THESE STEPS BEFORE YOU THROW IT
I devised these simple steps that tend to remedy quite a few issues with most USB portable / external hard drives and OTHER devices (though not always)
A few things to check but assumes USB and Windows for other interfaces / operating systems (mac/ Linux) similar steps may be adapted to suit.
1. Ensure it is connected directly to the computer to a USB 2.0 port not a USB 1.0 port as this can have effects on performance and reliability
2. Use only the cables that came with it NOT one that fits that may have been lying around or is longer. Not all USB cables are equal even though they should be)
3. Do not connect through an external USB HUB unless that hub is USB 2.0 AND has its own power supply.
4. Use ONLY the power supply that came with it if it has an external power supply Don’t use any other unless you know it has both the same voltage and current rating e.g. 12V 500mA anything rated below that would not work properly.
5. Always use the same port for connecting your devices. Some devices do not like being switched about. If switched they may want to install software / drivers again. This can be especially true if you move a HUB to another port
If you checked and fixed anything there and still have issues then check your hardware from CONTROL PANEL / SYSTEM / HARDWARE.
Any exclamation marks by hardware need fixing before you investigate any further
USB flash drives can fail for no apparent reason.
Sandisk Cruzers are especially bad for this.
USB hard drives should be treated with extreme care.
This is a real hard drive ! and knocks and bumps can quite literally kill them.
It is possible to remove drives from the enclosures in most cases and connect directly inside a PC to fully check it.
Note that if you hear a drive clicking or pinging this could be the worst thing you would hear.
Known as "The Click Of Death"
If none of the above steps help look at updating the drivers from the manufacturers web site in the support section.
Posted on Sep 17, 2009
If you have an sd slot in your computer you can plug the card into sd slot start/computer/right click removable hard drive disk for sd card format
Posted on Mar 01, 2010
It seems that the drive may have corrupt data sectors. Unfortunately this is not generally repairable with flash memory, and you should take the pen drive back and have it replaced under warranty.
Posted on Mar 27, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 28, 2011 | PQI 4GB PQi U273 USB 2.0 Drive Metallic...
Mar 22, 2011 | PQI 512MB Intelligent Stick USB 2.0 Flash...
Apr 16, 2010 | Electronics - Others
Dec 03, 2008 | PQI 512MB Intelligent Stick USB 2.0 Flash...
Sep 30, 2008 | Fuji (MAP3367NP) 36.7 GB Hard Drive
Jul 11, 2008 | PQI 512MB Intelligent Stick USB 2.0 Flash...
Jul 07, 2008 | Kingston Technologies 512MB DataTraveler I...
Jun 11, 2008 | PQI Intelligent Stick (267027) Hard Drive
Dec 12, 2017 | Parallax Power Supply PARALLAX POWER 7155...
188 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!