I got attacked by a virus. after formatting and reinstalling windows xp with sp2 and dowloading the drivers from the toshiba website, and other realtek audiou drivers and installing them, the sound still dosent work. Please i need help
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
check if the sound card is properly installed.
- go to start, point to computer, click manage, then click device manager. if there's a yellow sign on your audio, you need to install your audio driver
Right Side, underneath your volume control. If it is switched on and still cant access the internet wireless give this a try.
Use Control Panel's Add or Remove Programs utility to uninstall the Toshiba Hotkey Utility, and then reinstall it.
This program is called E-Key Utility on the Toshiba Satellite M30X/M35X Recovery and Applications/Drivers DVD. It's called Toshiba E-Key Utility for Windows XP on the Toshiba Support website.
Unistalling the Toshiba Hotkey Utility:
Click Control Panel.
Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
Select TOSHIBA Hotkey Utility.
Click OK to confirm that you wish to completely remove the selected application and its features. The InstallShield Wizard will begin the removal process.
Click Finish to exit the InstallShield Wizard.
Re-installing the Toshiba Hotkey Utility using the Toshiba Satellite M30X/M35X Series Recovery and Applications/Drivers DVD that shipped with the computer:
Insert the Toshiba Satellite M30X/M35X Series Recovery and Applications/Drivers DVD into the CD/DVD drive and close the tray. The setup program on the DVD should start automatically.
When the Toshiba Recovery and Applications CD window appears, verify that "Install applications and drivers" is the selected install type, and click Next.
Select E-key Utility from the list, and click Install.
When the WinZip Self-Extractor window appears, click OK.
Click OK to acknowledge that the files were successfully unzipped.
When the InstallShield window appears, click Next and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
When the installation is complete, click Exit and then OK to close the Toshiba Recovery and Applications CD window.
Remove the Toshiba Satellite M30X/M35X Series Recovery and Applications/Drivers DVD from the optical drive and close the tray.
Reinstalling the Toshiba Hotkey Utility using the file downloaded from the Toshiba Support website:
you need to:
1 backup any documents you want to save
2 download powermax (low level format utility)
- download and burn to cd >>> powermax-4.09.iso
3 have a copy of windows w/ valid serial key
- also have discs for any other programs you will need to reinstall (ms office, virus protection, etc...)
4 dowload and run win driver expert ( backs up all your drivers)
- save the backup of the drivers to a cd or flashdrive
- i suggest you save the actual program to the flashdrive or cd as well
AFTER you have done all that:
insert the powermax cd into the laptop or cpu and boot it up. Run powermax (you are formatting the main drive)
insert your windows cd and reboot cpu (install windows)
reinstall your drivers
reinstall your applications and virus software
- remember DONT go online to do updates until you installed the virus scan software and updated the virus definitions ( u dont want to have to do this all over again because of a virus, lol)