IF the sandisk is not formatted as Fat32 then the new PS3s will not recognize it. To format to fat32 follow these steps:
1. Transfer all the data onto a PC or another thumb drive.
2. go to START, CONTROL PANEL, ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS, COMPUTER MANAGEMENT, and select DISK MANAGER on the left hand side options. Select the external drive and read the "File System" type. If it says "NTFS", right click the disk and select "Delete Partition".
3. Reformat the drive as FAT32
4. Once you are SURE the partition is FAT32, open "My Computer" and double-click on your empty external hard drive. Now, you will want to create a folder system identical to that on the Playstation 3. Right click to create a new folder and name the first folder "Photo". Do this for "Music", "Video" and "Game". When you are finished, you should have 4 folders total in the hard drive. Each folder should (at this point) be empty.
5. Now transfer your saved information into the correct folders, safely remove the drive, and you are ready to go.
Jul 23, 2008 |
Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console