How to use the function (Fn) keys on the keyboard - ThinkPad
T40, T40p, T41
, T41p, T42, T42p, T43, T43p
Switching the display output location.Switch
between the computer display and an external monitor
. If an external monitor
is attached, the computer output is displayed in the following three patterns by turns:
- External monitor (CRT display)
- Computer display and external monitor (LCD + CRT display)
- Computer display (LCD)
- For any operating system other than Windows 2000 or Windows XP, no additional procedure is needed. Just press Fn+F7.
- This function is not supported if different desktop images are displayed on the computer display and the external monitor (the Extend desktop function).
- This function does not work while a DVD movie or a video clip is playing.
To enable this function in Windows 2000 and Windows XP, the following procedure is needed:
- When you log on to Windows 2000 and Windows XP for the first time, press Fn + F7 and select a display-switching function in the Initial setup window. Since in Windows 2000 and Windows XP multiple users can log on to a single operating system by using different user IDs, each user needs to select the function in the initial setup window when logging on for the first time.
- If the Fn + F7 key combination have been assigned to a presentation scheme function, start Presentation Director, and change the settings.