Question about Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 26, 2012 | Sony VAIO VGN-BX660P Notebook
on Sep 28, 2010 | GPS
Jun 11, 2011 | GPS
Install the downloaded software but it may not look like it worked on Windows 7 PCs. Vista automatically configures the settings on the bluetooth devices but for those who have Windows 7, here are the things you should do:
- Go to 'Device Manager' from 'Control Panel' -Or- just right-click on Computer Icon and choose 'Properties' and then click on 'Device Manager'.
- You'll see an 'Unknown Device' named 'Bluetooth Peripheral Device'
- Right-Click it and click on "Update Driver Software" -Or- anyway you find it easy to bring up the Update driver window.
- Click "Browse My Computer for Driver Software" button.
- Click "Let Me Pick from a List of Device Drivers on my computer".
- Select 'Bluetooth Radio' from the list if it asked you to select and then in the next window, it will show a list of drivers with Company Names in one list and Drivers in another. In the Company List choose 'Microsoft Corporation', not only Microsoft.
- From the drivers list there may be one or more drivers with the name "Windows Mobile-Based Device Support" with different driver versions. Select one or the latest.
- Ignore any warnings and keep pressing next and then Finish at last. If all goes well, the last screen will show the message that device driver is successfully installed.
Now, after manually updating the driver for your bluetooth device, in 'Device Manager' when you click on 'Bluetooth Radios', it should display one more item which will say 'Windows Mobile-based device support'.
There are few more things that you want to pay attention to. If you have already added the device in your 'bluetooth device list' that didn't work, then remove the device and add it again. After you add it, you might need to restart the computer if it gave you a connection problem error message.
I hope this will help you guys fix your bluetooth problem with Windows 7.Rate me if the message was helpfull.
May 20, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 26, 2011 | Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver
Aug 08, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 260W GPS Receiver
Aug 06, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 260W GPS Receiver
Apr 01, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite A205-S4617 Notebook
Feb 03, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 260W GPS Receiver
75 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: