Question about Lenovo G560 06793JU Notebook
Posted by Anonymous on
I got the 8-14 update from MS that shut me down. I am running win7 64 bit on the G560. 4 weeks of torture, as everything ran like molasses uphill in January! I could get most DOCS and CERTS and bookmarks off, but that was a horribly slow process. I could not reload from the dvd\'s I burned when I set the beast up, as that drive fried about a year ago. Likely my fault, and it\'s a longish story.
Anyways, I couldn\'t figure out the one key recovery either. I had found a guide to remove the optical drive, and I had to remove the battery and unplug it. I plugged it back in and tried the red horseshoe button. No joy. I then attached the battery, plugged it in, and hit the recovery key. Do not turn on machine, just hit that key. It fired back up in a flash. You may have to hold it down for the count of 20. It shouldn\'t take that long, but you must be patient.
It reloaded my original settings in about 35 minutes. Not bad. Everything came back, as when I first set it up. I am sold on Lenovo!
Oh, and I couldn\'t find any internal dvd rewrite drives locally, and so have one due within a week, which I will install.
Question. Does anyone know if the recovery program will work more than once?
Posted on Sep 10, 2014
In my laptop OneKey Recovery key is not work. how may i active this?
Posted on Jun 26, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: windows 7 product key for
I believe you're having problem with the Operating System on your computer. Unfortunately, Lenovo will not provide a product key for the Operating System since the an OEM version. What you can do is reinstall the Operating System using the One Key Recovery Sofware or the Recovery Disc that came with the computer. Follow these steps for you to be able to reinstall the Operating System using the One Key Recovery.
1. Turn off the computer.
2. Press the little button near the power button, it usually do have a drawing of an icon that looks like a horse shoe or a headset.
3. There will be a window that will appear which do have three option, One Key Antivirus, One Key Recovery and System Setup. Choose One key Recovery.
4. There will be another window that will appear which do have two option, Restore from initial backup and Restore from user backup,Choose Restore from initial back up
5. It will asked you if you want to continue, Just click on OK or YES.
6. Once done, Reboot the computer.
For Recovery Disc,
1. Insert the disc inside the drive.
2. Turn off the computer then turn it back on and keep on tapping F12
3. There will a window that will appear which do have three options, HDD,ODD/DVD/CD, and NAT, choose ODD/DVD/CD
4. It will asked you to press any key immediately, you will need to press any key immediately so that it will boot from ODD.
5. It will asked you to choose a partition, choose Disc 0 partition 1
6. Reboot computer once done.
I hope this information will be helpful. Thank you for using FixYa...
Posted on Feb 25, 2011
to fix the problem you must open your laptop check the hardware inside of your laptop hardisk thats the problem try to unplug cables of hardisk to plug again or replace new hardware hardisk if not solve the problem
Posted on Jun 18, 2010
SOURCE: Problem with hard disk partition
there is a default and a hidden partition on it.. consist of all the back-up drivers for the laptop.. i recommend you go to the lenovo site and search on how to access the hidden partition..
Posted on Sep 23, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 19, 2013 | Lenovo B590 6274 - 15.6" - Core i3 2328M -...
Dec 14, 2012 | Seagate FreeAgent Computers & Internet
Mar 23, 2012 | Lenovo G560 - 15.6 - 500GB - Black -...
Apr 13, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Apr 05, 2011 | Lenovo G560 - 15.6 - 500GB - Black -...
Dec 14, 2010 | Lenovo G560 06793JU Notebook
Dec 07, 2010 | Kingston (DTIU3/2GB) 2 GB USB Hard Drive
Aug 06, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Sep 05, 2009 | Acer Computers & Internet
Sep 08, 2013 | Lenovo G560 06793JU Notebook
3,108 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: