Dishes not getting clean, left with gritty residue. Could the filter be backed; if so how do I fix it?
Had the same problem with a GE Nautilus 3400 series.
- In their manual, GE recommends not stacking tall dishes on the bottom right tray - this prevents the dishwashing powder from fully dissolving. Are you using the right detergent and rinse-agent ?
If your upper arm is not turning during wash (DW leaves residue on top-shelf items), do the following:
1) Empty the DW.
2) Pull down the rotating arm on the DW ceiling. Thoroughly clean the passageways (I had to tap it on the counter to break-down the sediments).
3) Inspect the mesh-screen filter located on the floor in the back - if it's backed up (ours was backed-up from the inside), you'll need to clean it by removing 4, 1/4" screws holding it to the DW floor and throughly cleaning it (I also unscrewed the plastic valve located on the bottom of the filter compartment). While you're at it, remove the plastic mesh on the DW floor (2 screws) and fish for any objects and sediments blocking the pump.
4) Replace filter and bottom mesh and operate the DW in "Rinse" mode.
5) Press the rotating arm back in and operate the DW in "Rinse" mode. Check rotation.
- Good Luck !
Feb 21, 2009 |
GE Nautilus 24" Built-in Dishwasher