You might have a piece of paper out of sight. It usually is before the toner and after the pick up area. BEst to call 800-ok canon to find a local service center. This unit comes with a 3 year warranty, and you might still be covered.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The feed wheels on the one side are either worn out or have some scrap paper stuck on them. Take a good look , after removing the paper tray, if it has one , inside the machine. It might be possible to turn the machine around and see into it from behind, if there is an access door on the back.
Paper jam is a common issue for printers.I am going to explain how to resolve paper jam in the following ways:-
Step By Step
1. Verify that you have a paper jam. Sometimes the printer will send you a message that there's a paper jam. Sometimes you get the message from the crinkling, squealing sound the printer makes as it jams.
2. For most consumer models there will be only one sheet of paper threading through the machine at a time and a straightforward path from the paper feed to the output tray. In that case, you will want to search visually. Look to see if there are pieces of paper sticking out where you can see them. For larger commercial printers, where the paper path is more convoluted, you will need to consult the paper jam status message for hints of where to look.
3. Remove any paper from the paper trays that you suspect might have caused the paper jam. If a sheath of paper might prevent you from getting at the jammed paper, then remove that too.
4. Most consumer printers have an access door in the front that you can open to get at the jammed paper. With laser printers there's usually a toner and drum unit that slides out for improved access. If you still can't see the jammed paper, check if there's an access hatch in the back of the printer.
5. Gently remove any crumpled paper you might find. Gently tug on any pieces of paper that may be stuck or crumpled between rollers. It's possible that yanking the paper too hard in the direction opposite the normal direction of travel could wreck the printer rotors or some other delicate part. Whenever possible, pull the jammed paper in the direction of normal motion through the printer and avoid using excessive force.
6. Avoid ripping the paper as you remove the jam. Pull the paper slowly with both hands. Any shredded piece of paper stuck in the rollers will cause yet another paper jam. While you're at it, check for foreign objects that may have caused the paper jam in the first place, such as a paperclip or a pen cap.
7. Laser printers sometimes get the paper jammed so deep in the fuser unit that you can't reach it with your fingers. In those cases you want to avoid poking at the paper with sharp metal objects. Scratching the rollers could permanently damage your print quality. Removing an accordioned paper jam may involve disassembly of the fuser unit by a trained professional.
your wheel on one side is impacted with small pieces of paper this causes the paper flow to go unevenly you need to clean you wheels on both sides oil them and wipe dry with a paper towel then do the paper feed jam clear and let a few pieces go thru to pick up any remiaining debris
look on the back to see if there is a removable plate that will expose the rollers. On my HPs I have to clear a paper jam when ever the paper in the tray absorbs too much moisture. A sheet gets crumpled in the rollers where you cannot see it and the back plate allows me to pull the crumpled sheet clear. That is also where the paper sensor is located.
Before you can clear a "PAPER JAM" or "PRINTER JAM" error, you must locate where in the unit the paper is jammed.
First, unplug the machine for safety and disconnect the telephone
line. Next, follow these instructions based on where the paper jam is
Paper is jammed inside the paper tray:
Pull the paper tray out of the machine.
Pull out the jammed paper to remove it.
Reload the paper in the paper tray.
Reinstall the paper tray.
Paper is jammed inside the machine:
Remove the jam clear cover on the back of the unit. Pull the jammed paper out of the machine.
Re-insert the jam clear cover.
If you can not pull out the jammed paper, lift the scanner cover
from the right-hand side of the machine until it locks securely into the
Remove the jammed paper.
Check the print head's position. In the example photo the print head is positioned at the left hand side of the platen area.
Gently move the print head to the center.
Be careful to not force the print head to move. If the print head
is positioned at the far right hand side, you cannot move it. Please
contact Brother Customer Service from "Contact Us".
Examine under the print head. If anything is found, remove it.
Use a flashlight if necessary to check thoroughly.
Lift the scanner cover to release the lock. Gently push the scanner cover support down and close the scanner cover.
Reconnect the power cord and telephone line.
To prevent paper jams, do not put multiple kinds of paper in the paper tray at the same time.
If the message continues to
appear on the LCD, the machine will require repair. Please contact
Brother Customer Service from "Contact Us".
There are many reasons why your photo paper gets jammed, but here the most common ones:
- The photo paper is crumpled, or the edges are fold. Be sure that the paper is completely straightened out before putting it in the feeder. - Your tray lock is larger than your paper. It is recommended that you keep your tray holder lock the size of your paper. The best way is still to keep a .5cm allowance. - There is something blocking the feeder which causes the paper to go out of track. Are you sure there isn't a crumpled paper or torn paper left with the feeder?
Follow these steps:-
1.Turn the printer off and on to see if it can automatically clear some or all of the jam. Many printers provide an error-code listing on the front panel display for the area where the jam occurred. If your printer shows an error code, be sure and check the printer manual to see if that identifies the area of the printer where the jam occurred.
2.Turn off the printer.
3.Remove any paper trays. Inspect them for wrinkled or damaged paper.
4.Open any other doors that give access to the printer's paper path and to the toner or ink cartridge.
5.If necessary, remove the toner or ink cartridge. Place it in a bag or away from light to avoid damaging it.
6.If you find a piece of jammed paper, remove it by holding it with both hands and pulling firmly.The goal is to keep the paper from tearing. If several pieces are jammed together, try pulling out the middle piece first to loosen the jam.
7.If the paper does tear, try rotating the roller gears manually to free the paper. Don't force anything, though.
8.Replace the toner or ink cartridge and paper trays, close any doors you opened and turn the printer back on.
9.If the printer paper jam message still appears, then there is still some paper in the printer. Reinspect the paper path.
If it is getting crumpled in the tray, there is something blocking the paper path.
What I would suggest is taking out the toner and drum cartridge, then remove the paper tray. Tip the machine on it's back and look into the paper feed area for something blocking the paper path.
When it is crumpling the paper like that, the feeder is working fine, just something blocking the paper path.
You can take a minela folder, and gently push it through the paper path to dislodge the obstruction.