An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: windows media player not working
Very the file you are trying to play is still there , if it is then create a new play list by allowing WMP to scan your system for playable media. If this fails or the above aint the latter then i'd suggest you uninstall WMP and reinstall it. WMP is in the control panel / add or remove components / Windows Components. You can also log in to microsoft web site and download the latese WMP and install it .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
As you may have already notice, there isn't a problem with your driver.
However to gain a better understand the problem you rule out a couple of things. However, if the this problem is only present in windows media player. Then you should try another play i.e. VLC media player.
1. Go to you device manager and make sure the device is working properly. If not try uninstalling the device, restarted the computer letting windows discover the device again.
2. Next go to windows media player file (press "alt" key to get toolbar in newer version. Select options -> devices select your speaker -> properties and be sure that your audio device is available and selected.
3. Finally if all these options has failed, please use an alternative media like the one mention above (VLC media player).
I hope this have been a great help in your troubles. Please provide feedback on the solution.
If you Windows Media Player won't work you can try fixing it with Fix WMP Utility. Fix WMP Utility is a freeware portable app re-registers all the concerned Windows Media dll files required for the smooth functioning of Windows Media Player.
If you are facing any issues or getting any error message while running Windows Media Player, run this utility. It will re-register more than 40 dll files that are needed to ensure the proper smooth functioning of Windows Media Player.
Please run this utility and see if it addresses your issues, before moving on to advanced trouble-shooting.
Try downloading VLC media player or GOM player.They are free. You can also try installing either k lite mega codec pack (free) or All-in -One Codec packs.Is it just a problem with this movie??Do you have problems playing other avi files??
This problem has to do with codecs (compression/decompression schemes) needed by Windows Media Player in order to play back specific file formats. Try DL VLC PLayer see if that helps, plays just about everything.
Go to sourceforge.net and search for mediainfo. Download the latest version for your system (it's free). This utility can tell you what codecs are required for most media file formats and will provide links to where you can download codecs required for a specific file.
Thanks for asking for solution,I would require some additional info.
1. Does windows media player give you an error while playing the file ?
2. Is the problem only in windows media player ? eg, are you getting windows startup sound.
In the meantime try system restore , take the computer back to the date when it was working fine.
ps: do let me know the make of the sound card and which windows operating system you are using