Question about Washing Machines
F21 = Long Drain error
If the drain time exceeds 8 minutes this error code will be displayed.In addition, a "SUDS" error may also be displayed.This may be an indication of a drain pump problem and/or clog in the drain line.You will need to check the following:
NOTE: It is normal to have residual water left inside the wash tub under the wash basket.This is why it is important to leave the door ajar when not in use so this water does not become sour.
Posted on Jan 04, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
F21 = LONG DRAIN ERROR
If the drain time exceeds 8 minutes the water valves turn off. After 4 minutes the “Sd” error will be displayed, then 4 minutes later the F21 error code will be displayed.
Press PAUSE/CANCEL two times to clear.
1. Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.
2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
3. Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure the pump is running.
4. Check the drain pump filter for foreign objects.
5. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
5. If the above does not correct the problem, go to step 7.
6. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
7. Replace the pump.
If the machine cannot be forced to its diagnostic mode then:
1. Disconnect the washer from the power supply and water supply.
2. Remove the top panel by taking out the three screws in the back of the washer. The pressure switch is right on top.
3. Remove the Molex connector from the water level switch / pressure switch.
Refer to the picture below.
4. Reconnect the power supply but not the water supply.
5. Power the machine. The machine will enter diagnostic mode.
6. Power off the machine.
7. Replace the water level switch / pressure switch.
8. Reconnect the water supply.
9. Power on the machine it will work without error
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
The drain is clogged. remove the bottom kick panel. should be 3 or 4 1/4" nuts. open drain pump slowly. you may want to have a container to catch the water and some towels. check drain pump for foreign objects. also check the drain hose. make sure its not kinked or clogged. also check electrical connection to the pump.
if all the above have been checked and the unit still doesn't drain, then you may need to replace the drain pump
Posted on Mar 21, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 08, 2016 | Washing Machines
Apr 14, 2015 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Apr 13, 2011 | Whirlpool Duet 3.8 cu. ft. Front Load...
Dec 23, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jul 26, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Feb 17, 2010 | Frigidaire Washing Machines
Jan 19, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
48 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!