Question about Kenmore Kitchen Ranges
Posted by Anonymous on
Sorry to read about your problem.
Try this to determine which part is needed.
This simple test will help determine whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC (Clock).
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing.
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC.
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was.
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound).
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
I tried to help you.Please help ma and rate/vote this responce. Thanks and good luck
Posted on Jan 04, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 28, 2010 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
Mar 27, 2010 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Aug 24, 2009 | Kenmore 91112 / 91114 / 91117 Electric...
Jul 20, 2009 | Kenmore 63662 / 63664 / 63669 Microwave...
Jun 01, 2009 | Kenmore Kitchen Ranges
Dec 16, 2008 | Ovens
Dec 15, 2008 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
Dec 14, 2008 | Kenmore 91112 / 91114 / 91117 Electric...
Dec 29, 2007 | Maytag MER6769 Gemini Electric Kitchen...
May 01, 2007 | Kenmore 91112 / 91114 / 91117 Electric...
270 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: