Question about Black & Decker String Trimmer Cordless 12" 18V
14 black& decker electric trimmer - mover seems to not have power to rotate the spool.....................air is being pushed out of the mover area.
Spools on almost all of the recently made trimmers do not have a separate cover. They're attached by pushing down and twisting them clock-wise. When you hear them snap into place, let up and its on. To take one off its just the opposite...push down it down and twist them counter-clockwise.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Jun 17, 2009
Belt came off so and I couldn't see the part that seem to be missing that kept the belt on. A nut, bolt and a wash sorted it for me. Fitted to the small drive cog. Simples. When dismantling - remember there is a screw under the sticker!
Posted on Jun 19, 2010
It sounds like that the automatic line release is damaged.
1. Remove and clean all debris from the head. I assume that you have already done this if you have changed the line a few times, but just make sure.
2. Remove the the head from the shaft.
3. There should be a large spring in there. If its broken, damaged or missing that will allow the head to spool line pretty fast. again make sure all debris is removed from this area.
4. Check the feed dogs in the same area as the spring. If they are worn the same problem will occur.
5. Install line on the spool.Make sure that it is wound the proper direction. There should be arrows indicating this. The line wound in reverse will also cause the same problem as well.
6. Put it all back together and see if works now.
7. If this doesn't solve it you may need to replace the head assembly.
Posted on Jul 02, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 28, 2014 | Black & Decker Black and Decker & Grass...
Sep 06, 2010 | Black & Decker 14" Grass Hog Xp...
May 21, 2010 | Black & Decker 14" Grass Hog Xp...
Apr 11, 2010 | Black & Decker 14" Grass Hog Xp...
Mar 20, 2010 | Black & Decker String Trimmer Cordless 12"...
Mar 14, 2010 | Black & Decker 14" Grass Hog Xp...
42 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: