Yuo need a lot of try and error to be successful.
First your OS and the BOOT disk that comes with your machine.But if you dont had the CD you need to buy and download it.
Store like Bestbuy,CompUSA,etc.. sell this CD,s or go to this LINK
where you can buy it online and download it, choose your OS and any other specs about your System.
After all you need to BURN the files in a blank CD or order for mail shipment.
Then we going to BOOT the system id the CD drive.
To rebuild your hard drive, do the following:
- Power up your Acer system.
- When prompted (after memory testing completes), press CTRL + ALT + ESC to enter CMOS setup.
- At the CMOS Setup screen select Advanced BIOS Features
- Verify the Boot Options Sequence is set to the following order:
2nd [Floppy Disk]
3rd [Hard Disk]
- Insert the Acer System CD, DISK 1 in your CD-ROM drive.
- Press F10 to exit and save. When prompted, Do you want to save CMOS data?, select [Yes], then press ENTER.
system will reboot from the CD-ROM. After booting from the CD-ROM, you
will see the Acer Hard Drive Rebuild options displayed.
your mouse for choice selections during the HDD recovery process. The
mouse will respond slowly during this procedure, DO NOT press the Enter
key. Pressing the Enter key will cause the HDD recovery process to
- Select HDD Full Rebuild and follow the on-screen instructions.
- When prompted to insert Acer Recovery CD, DISK 2, wait for the CD-ROM to eject DISK 1.
- Close the CD-ROM tray and click OK. The system will continue to rebuild the hard drive back to factory load.
being prompted to remove disk and restart system the unit will load
system software and hardware. During this process the system will reboot
Microsoft Certificate of Authenticity (COA) ID number will
automatically be entered for you. Should you need this number for any
reason, look for your Microsoft Certificate of Authenticity (COA) ID
number on the cover of your system.
"thumbs and post back!"