Question about GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range Microwave

1 Answer

GE profile spacesaver 2.0-does not heat and slight smell of electric burning when it is turned on. Turntable turns, fans work keypads work- just no heating and the electric odor. Filters and inside are clean

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 472 Answers

MOST LIKELY YOU HAVE WHAT IS CALLED A MAGNETRON THAT HAS FAILED... IT IS THE PART THAT DOES ALL THE HEATING ...YOU DO ALSO HAVE A HIGH VOLTAGE TRANSFORMER THAT SEND POWER TO THE MAGNETRON BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE A MAGNETRON.... to be honest with you unless you are servicer it normally cost more to repair and for a few dollars more you can purchase a new one..... good luck to you.....

Posted on Jan 03, 2011

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

My GE Profile Spacemaker XL 1800 (JVM1870WF06) microwave is not working. The fan starts, the keypad works but the turntable is not turning and the food is not getting heated. Please help. Can I buy a part...


The problem is more than likely one or two bad door switches, but you will need to call for service if you decide to fix this, to buy new may be a better option since prices have come down and you get a one year warranty.

May 08, 2012 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

GE Spacesaver Microwave not heating, inside fan not working


I suggest you have the microwave oven replaced, the prices have dropped considerably for the last several years and you have got your money worth out of the unit.

Mar 02, 2012 | GE JVM1640 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Have ge profile spacesaver xl sensor. will not heat strange buzzing sound and burning smell. clock, light, vent still work


This is most likely a defective magnetron, especially with the burning smell. There are two other parts that can be a problem, the high voltage capacitor and diode, all three work together to heat food. If the magnetron is the culprit, probably cheaper to replace the microwave oven.

Mar 02, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Microwave won't heat food


chances are u have a bad transformer,scrap it

Mar 03, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

GE Spacemaker XL1800 does not heat. All other functions appear to be working normally, the light comes on and the turntable functions. When turned on, it makes a humming noise slightly louder than normal,...


Possible bad heating element, You should remove the cover of the unit and look at the heating element with the power off. Until you get your problem resolved I would recommend not to even turn it on due to the fact that you are unsure what is going on and you smelt some burnt smell. Just for safety until you fine the problem

Feb 21, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Ge spacesaver turntable will not turn


my mocrowave turntable will not turn but it will heat up.

Dec 20, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Maytag microwave mmv1153aaw


my guess would be the wave cover. sometimes they smoke and makes sparking sounds. does it still heat food?...if it does, then its not the magnetron.

Feb 18, 2008 | Maytag MMV4205 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Burning odor, no heat


A burning smell along with a different sound (growl) USUALLY indicates a breakdown in the High Voltage Side. This is not a direct short (short circuit) or the line fuse would have blown shutting everything down. The High Voltage Side is made up of-- The Secondary ,or High Voltage Side of The High Voltage Transformer, A High Voltage Diode, A High Voltage Capacitor, and The Magnetron. If The High Voltage Transformer is the problem it will smell like a florescent light ballast burning, and will smell each time you turn on the MW. A HV Diode burns and opens, thus no more smell. A HV Capacitor usually does not burn nor does the Magnetron. There is no Cheap-Fix unless you can see that the HV Diode is burned into and you can get to it to replace. CAUTION: Always unplug from power before attempting to repair. NOTE: If you replace a Diode make sure it goes back in the same direction it came out. Yes there is a front and back.

Jan 26, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range Microwave Logo

258 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top GE Microwave Ovens Experts

D. E. Hev

Level 3 Expert

1168 Answers

 Larry
Larry

Level 2 Expert

115 Answers

Shekar Avadhani

Level 2 Expert

61 Answers

Are you a GE Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...