Question about DVD & Blu-Ray Players
My brother got this one as part of a deal and I hunted around and found that most if not all HT variants have the same region free hack:
1. Remove disc from tray.
2. Switch off player and unplug from mains.
3. Wait 30 seconds, then reconnect mains.
4. Turn on player with remote. Wait for player to finish loading and display 'no disc'.
5. Press enter on remote. (There will be no on-screen response.)
6. Press 8, 4, 2, 6, 9 on the remote. (There will be no on-screen response.)
7. Press enter on the remote. Player will automatically shut off.
8. Turn player on.
9. turn off.
10. Turn player off then on again.
11. Player is now region-free.
Did this on a Samsung HT-Z310 and other than I think maybe the tray not opening when it said it worked fine and the player is now region free.
Posted on Aug 29, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 12, 2014 | Sungale DVD9800 DVD Player
Feb 11, 2011 | Samsung BD-P2500 Blu-Ray Player
Jul 03, 2009 | Samsung DVD-P181 DivX DVD Player
Sep 13, 2008 | DVD & Blu-Ray Players
Sep 09, 2008 | Samsung DVD-V6700 DVD Player/VCR
Mar 25, 2008 | Samsung DVD-V6700 DVD Player/VCR
Mar 07, 2008 | DVD & Blu-Ray Players
Jan 20, 2008 | DVD & Blu-Ray Players
Dec 03, 2007 | DVD & Blu-Ray Players
614 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!