Question about Sharp R-220HW Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I have a sharp micro wave oven. Occasionally, when some foods are cooked or heated, you can see small bursts of blue flame. What I should do ? I only use microwave safe containers.

Posted by on

  • drlisaannlee May 11, 2010

    I burnt a hole in my Sharp Carousel model R-4A57 serial 126183 microwave. I can find a part that seems the right size, but how do I stick it back on? The old one seemed like it was attached with some sort of brittle adhesive.

×

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Expert
  • 254 Answers

You probably have a burnt wave guide cover. Look inside the microwave either on the side or on the top, it's a square piece of mica board, and you should see a burnt spot on it. You should be able to replace it fairly easy with the model number I can check on a replacement for you.

Posted on Jul 09, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

My frigadare microwave runs normal but wont heat the food


From the description you have provided, the magnetron has shorted. This a job for a professional because there is lethal voltages present that will kill.

Mar 27, 2012 | Frigidaire Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My micro wave stop heating food, every thing dislay work fine. when start it make loud sound. Sharp carousel II, model = R-3A54, Manufacture jan,1993


Hi,
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with yourMicrowave Oven....

Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips

heatman101
;;'

'';

Jul 27, 2011 | Maytag MMC5000 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I need a new heat shield, if that is what it is called? It is the small square piece on the right side that now has a hole in it causing the oven to spark when cooking. Can I get this part locally.Houston...


It is known as the Wave Guide Cover. It is actually very important, stopping the contamination from the cooking food/liquids entering the magnetron and damaging it.
It should be available via an appliance repair dealer.

Feb 04, 2011 | Sharp R-425LS Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My sisters has a Sharp microwave r-403hw was manufactured july 2003 my question is how long are you allowd to keep a microwave for and if the inside chips from the paint is still ok to cook food in it or...


As long as the microwave oven is working to heat or cook according to the program set , the micro wave can be used safely. Now if there is any chipping of the paint within the oven chamber, then you can re-coat the inside with non conducting ceramic paint.
However if there is no issue if there is no damage to the inside or to the working of the microwave as you can use the oven till it fails to heat.

Jan 25, 2011 | Sharp R-403HW Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My microwave starts however food does not heat up.


Micro wave as the name suggests produces heat when the micro waves aimed at an object causes the water molecules inside the object to vibrate hence producing heat.The gadget responsible is the magnetron. If your magnetron is not receiving ht voltage or receiving but faulty, then your micro wave wont work please take precaution when opening micro wave due to high voltage caps that remain charged sometimes even when it is off.check the high voltage fuse/ diode and capacitor if they are fine and the step up trans former o.k then the only option is to replace the magnetron

Aug 02, 2010 | GE JVM1790 1000 Watts Convection /...

1 Answer

The microwave will light up, the buttons work, but no heat to cook food


Your magnitron tube is out (it makes the micro waves) If you are handy you can switch it out for around 100-150, go to marcone.co to get the new mag tube

Nov 11, 2009 | Frigidaire FMV156DC Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Hotpoint micro wave makes funny noise and doesn't heat up food


Check door switches ... particularly if you are guilty of opening the door while the oven is in operation (door safety switches are probably cooked ... no pun intended)

Let me know if you need more help

a

Oct 07, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I have a JVM1603BJ03 space saver micro wave. The turn table cracked in two, the plastic support device to turn the glass table has desenigrated into several small pieces. It appears the micro wave is...


Do you cook a lot of popcorn?

Do you place your food items in the center of the turntable as opposed to placing them off-center?

Both can cause repeated heating of the same spot on the turntable, which can stress it and allow it to crack.

You can buy replacement parts here.

I suggest that when you cook popcorn, place a paper plate or two upside-down under the bag and always place your food items off-center on the turntable tray.

Once you have the new parts, I would suggest at least a quick heat test. That is to heat one cup of water on high and it should boil in about 2 to 2-1/2 minutes.

If you would like to perform a more standard heat test, please see my Ask Mr. Microwave page.

If your magnetron is indeed running too hot, then it is probably dying. Sometimes - like a star - they can burn hotter right before they die.

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jul 04, 2008 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave burst into flames


That panel is called the waveguide cover. Its purpose is to protect the wavegudie and the magnetron from grease and food particles. When grease and/or food particles build up, they arc and spark. If it is not too damaged, it can be removed, cleaned, and reinstalled. You should also clean just inside the opening (waveguide) with a damp cloth, but be careful of the sharp edges. If it is too damaged, it will need to be replaced or the magnetron will eventually be damaged. If you can't get parts for this brand you can cut a new one out of waveguide material. I would take the old cover to an appliance parts store in your area. Once it is done, be sure to keep the cover clean. A sample photo of a waveguide cover is attached.

Aug 29, 2006 | Sunbeam SMW777 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Sharp R-220HW Microwave Oven Logo

183 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sharp Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8864 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

224 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Are you a Sharp Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...