Question about Kenmore 47702 / 47704 / 47709 Electric Single Oven
Sorry to read about your problem.
Try this to determine which part is needed.
This simple test will help determine whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC (Clock).
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing.
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC.
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was.
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound).
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
I tried to help you.Please help ma and rate/vote this response. Thanks and good luck
Posted on Jan 03, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 17, 2014 | Whirlpool Ovens
Dec 05, 2012 | Ovens
Jul 18, 2011 | Frigidaire Ovens
Jun 06, 2011 | Frigidaire Ovens
May 02, 2011 | Magic Chef Ovens
Dec 13, 2010 | GE Monogram ZET3058SHSS Stainless Steel...
Jul 17, 2009 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
Dec 16, 2008 | Ovens
214 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: