Question about Garden

1 Answer

I have a flotec pump model FP4122-08, motor #C48J2EC11C3, and a recent freeze broke the motor flange where it bolts onto the pump body. I need to replace the motor base flange but My parts list does not break out the flange as a separate item, it lists the motor (including the flange) as a part. The flange can easily be separated from the electric motor and replaced if I can get a new flange. Question: How can I go about ordering a new flange for this pump ? or is it not being sold separately ?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 1,378 Answers

I believe the part you actually want is the motor endbell that houses the front motor bearing and it in turn allows the motor to be connected to the pump housing. The number you give is the motor model number...I will also need the motor serial number to ensure we quote you the correct version of the endbell you need as there are design changes from time-to-time. Please email than information to me via the contact us part of our website at You should be able to purchase the endbell assuming AOSmith still makes it.


Posted on Jan 03, 2011


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer


The pump should be installed inside an enclosure. If you live in an area which has freezing temperatures, the pump and all plumbing need to be protected from freeze ups.

May 11, 2014 | Plumbing


Kohler Toilet 1.6 Gallon Flush Install Tips. We just recently installed two of...

Kohler Toilet 1.6 Gallon Flush Install Tips.

We just recently installed two of these and they work perfectly.


-This is a almost complete in box and needs to only install the tank and seat. It also came with a new wax ring and bolts.
-What you also need is Full ring flange repair kit, (this is a round metal ring that goes over the existing plastic flange on the floor), put in as many screws as you can. On both we broke the plastic flange while installing the bolts. also the second one we also added a washer on the back side of the metal flange repair ring this made the connection even stronger.
-The new bolts that hold the toilet to the floor will be to long and an need to be cut off. Don't just try to brake it off, we ran in to big trouble and is how we broke the flange.
-Lastly go ahead and use Tub sealant and put a bead around the floor and base of toilet, this will keep it more secure and not allow any fluids to seep under the toilet and start smelling.

Hope this tip helps.


on Feb 15, 2010 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Flotec 1 hp fp4032-10 Bracket position/bolt mounts

como poner en tiempo un cadila escalade 1999

Jul 10, 2013 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Waynerobbins@msn.comHow do you remove the water pump from the motor on a 4012 1/2 hp assembly

You have to remove the 4 bolts which are # 14 on page 9 of the instruction manual located at this site,%20FP401215H-10,%20FP4022-10,%20FP4032-10%20manual.pdf

Hope this answers all your questions
Please remember to Rate/vote for any solution that helps you out.
Leave a comment if you need more help.
Thanks for using Fixya

Aug 12, 2011 | Flotec Corrosion Resistant Shallow Well...

1 Answer

This is a Speck swimming pool 1.5kw pump I need to replace the motor stator bearings but don't know how to take the pump impeller off

This is the most popular pump frame. The motor will actually have a square flange as an integral part of the motor (not the pump) on the front of the motor with 4 holes (one hole in each corner of the flange). The pump body will be secured to this square flange with 4 bolts, which are outside the round barrel of the motor. Caution: Make certain the square flange is part of the motor; not the pump body. Many pumps are square and may appear to be part of the motor. Removing the motor from the pump will allow you to make certain how the pump is fastened to the motor. How the pump is fastened to the motor determines the basic type of frame.
Note: Also, some 48Y frame motors are actually thru-bolt style; therefore, check the mounting bolts to make certain they are not thru-bolt style as described below.
Not a square flange on your motor? If you do not see a square flange as described above for the square frame motor, then you have a pump body, which mounts to the motor with 4 bolts accessible inside the pump case. This non-square frame will be a thru-bolt style frame, 56J frame, or 56C frame. How to determine if you have a 56J or 56C frame: The pump body mounts to the face of the motor with 4 bolts just inside the circumference of the motor barrel. To see these mounting bolts, you must take apart the pump body and look inside the pump. The bolts will be fastened into the face of the motor with threaded holes. 56J frame: If your pump body mounts into the face of the motor as described in the previous paragraph, and the impeller is threaded onto the motor shaft, then you have a 56J frame. Additionally, the impeller may be secured with a small screw, which is threaded into the center of the motor shaft. If the outside of the shaft is not threaded, maybe you have a 56C frame. 56C frame: If your motor has a shaft with a key-way (small metal key slides into a groove machined along the length of the motor shaft), then it is a 56C frame. These are very rare in today's pumps. If your pump is 20 years old or older, it may have a keyed shaft (56C), but even then is unlikely. The keyed shaft may also have an internal tapped thread to help hold the impeller once it slides over the key-way. Thru-bolt style frame: The motor mounting bolts are the key with this style of motor. Like the name implies, if the pump fastens with nuts to the 4 bolts, which pass all the way thru the motor, then you have a thru-bolt frame. These extremely long bolts (8 inches or longer) will go through the motor. These motors are popular on spas and above ground swimming pool pumps. NOTE: Sometimes these motors are also labeled 48Y frames, but they are not square flanged 48Y frames. Once you determine the frame, click on the link and view some motors to help determine horse power by analyzing the amperage comparisons.

Dec 06, 2010 | Washing Machines

1 Answer

I have a broken sump pump, Flotec model # FPOF360AC

Same pump, same problem. H/D sells the pumps, but no parts. Here's a link to a vendor of Flotec parts.

Apr 01, 2010 | Flotec Simer/Flotec/Omni 2105 Swimming...

1 Answer

How do you remove the motor from a Flotec FPS5172, 1-1/2 HP.

The impeller screws on the motor shaft. First replace the through bolts in the motor. These are the long bolts, they will just cause headachs. On the back of the motor their will be a place to hold the shaft from turning, If you hold the shaft the impeller just unscrews. If you look in the center of the impeller it may have a set screw holding it to the shaft. If you have one of these it will be a left hand screw. Then you will need to break the impeller free as the brass that holds the impeller on will stick to the stainless steel of the shaft. Don't let how tight this is fool you when you put this back together it just goes on hand tight. Good luck

Nov 23, 2009 | Flotec 1 - 1/2 Sprinkler Pump Composite...

2 Answers

I need a motor for flotec shallow well pump unit #FP7100-08.The motor #S48D02AO3.WHERE CAN I FIND ONE AND HOW MUCH.Thank you Greg

Save yourself time and effort, replace the entire unit. I speak as a guy who has lived with a well for more than 35 years.

If you put a new motor on a old pump what do you have? A new $300.00 motor on a $worthless old pump. Spend the $350.00 and replace it.

Oct 27, 2009 | Flotec Corrosion Resistant Shallow Well...

1 Answer

Schematic for wiring in a Flotec Pump

Remove end casing of Flotec motor housing they have a 115v/220v switch, turn to 220v, see website flowtec water. Flotec parts 1-800-365-6832

Jan 31, 2009 | Flotec Corrosion Resistant Shallow Well...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Garden Logo

Related Topics:

429 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Garden Experts

Dennis Key
Dennis Key

Level 3 Expert

2478 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

12166 Answers


Level 3 Expert

76109 Answers

Are you a Garden Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides