Some Travelpro bags come with an external lock upon purchase included in the user information package with the user manual and the add-a-bag strap or hook. This external lock can be looped through the zipper openings to secure your bag. To set the lock to your combination, follow these steps.
- External Travelpro Lock:
- Unlock the mechanism by pulling up on the metal lock rod. The 3 dial combination must be set to (0-0-0) factory combination if new, or the existing combination if used to unlock.
- Once released, rotate the lock rod to align with the notch of the dials, usually perpendicular to the long side, or about 90 degrees from its lock position.
- Select a new 3 digit combination.
- Press down the lock rod all the way and hold in that position while you turn the dials to reflect your new combination. NOTE**The lock rod must be held down all the way until you have your 3 digit combination in place, otherwise an unknown combination will be set while you adjust the dials.**
- Once your new combination is in place, release the lock rod. This sets the new combination.
- Return the lock rod back to the locking position and double check that your new combination does lock and unlock.
- Scramble the dials in order to keep your luggage safe and secure.