Hi, i just formatted my laptop to get it working again. I just bought this internet connection with a disk that doesn't help at all and I can pick up wireless. Can you tell me how to setup wireless? It's from my neighbors/friends house also.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Double Click on My Computer, then Right Click on the C: Local Drive and select the option to Format. Remember formatting erases everything so I hope you have an operating system disk to reload. Why format?? If your system is bad and you have an operating system disk, then when you reload from it you will get a newly formated disk. But again you'll lose all your docs, music, pictures and any programs you've added since you bought the computer.
1) Try downloading something different from a different website. If you succeed, then there is a problem with the original file or the connection to the original website. If you get the same error message, go to the next step.
2) Check the disk for errors. Run chkdsk c: /r. It will tell you that it cannot lock the disk blah blah blah. Anwser "yes" and restart. It will take quite a while to check the disk, but it will fix all fixable errors. Then, try again. If it doesn't work, go to the next step
3) Do you have a "download accelerator" installed and running (e.g. GetIt, Donaload Accelerator Plus, etc??) Some websites do not work well with download accelerators. Don't ask me why. They just don't. Either disable it or uninstall it and try again.
4) Try a different browser. If you're using Internet Explorer, try using FireFox or Opera
Please, report back to see if any of these helped.
it is no driver problem but of your Windows ... sometime while updating Windows it get shutdown improperly or say for any reason its update installation stop and therefore this problem occurs so you can reinstall your windows and it would be fine.
If the program is one that came with your laptop, you should have gotten a disk with programs and drivers when you bought this laptop,so that is what you need to find, If you dont have the disk, A replacement can be ordered thru HP.com, you will need the model and serial number of your laptop
I am thinking you mean a System Recovery rather than a reformat. Reformat is erasing the whole hard drive and having to load the operating system and everything again afterward. A System Recovery is reinstalling the operating system back to factory conditions.
I would try a system recovery before doing a reformat.
If the laptop came with any disks, see if any of them have something about system recovery or system restore. Put them in the cd/dvd drive and reboot. Follow the prompts and 30 minutes later you are done.
If you do not have any disks that came with computer for that purpose, then they are most likely stored on the hard drive partition.
To access this you have to reboot your computer. When your Acer logo appears, hold down the "ALT" key on keyboard and press "F10" at the same time. If you miss it or it does not work, reboot and try again.
If you are successful, the system recovery program will run. Just follow the prompts and in about 30 minutes you will done.
After you are done with the recovery, make sure you reload any drivers for things you might have added to your computer after you bought it. Do not forget to also update windows.
If this laptop is running XP, you will not have wireless until you apply the service packs from windows...unless they already had the service pack bundled into the installation. So there is a chance you might need to connect to your router/modem via a wired connection until updates are done. Thought I would add that in incase you run into this problem, don't want you to freak out and say "OMG what did perpetual have me do to my computer" and use my picture as your new dart boart bullseye.
Good luck, hope this helped. It is a very simple process and will save you a bill from the local computer repair shop.
Update the O/S first
Check the connection is DHCP
control panel,network connections, right click your connection to the internet, properties,
TCP/IP VER4, highlight this in grey, click properties,
should be set to
( obtain I.P. automatically ) tick this box.save it.
Reboot the system.
hi there i have a problem connecting my new acer laptop to the internet..I've tried your suggestion but i can't still connect to the internet..can u help me to connect my new laptop to the internet? is there a program or a disk for me to open the internet connection of my laptop...thanks a lot and i hope u will help me