Question about Whirlpool Duet 3.8 cu. ft. Front Load Washer
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: washer goes into unbalance mode
Check the springs and spring mounts,(might be broken or not on right), also could be something wrong with the balance switch (where the tub hits the switch).It could be mis aligned or defective. Check the springs first.
Posted on May 14, 2007
SOURCE: touch panel buttons do not work
This sounds like a bad touch screen. You can get a replacement online at repairclinic.com. They will have instructions on how to remove the old and put on the new
Posted on May 22, 2009
SOURCE: error code
The reason for "F 20" is that while there is "NO WATER DETECTED ENTERING MACHINE OR PRESSURE SWITCH TRIP NOT DETECTED." If after 30 seconds not minimum 0.1l of water entered or maximum fill time of 13 minutes is exceeded, the valves will be turned off and the error code will be displayed. Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.
The possible fix for this problem is:
If there is no water in the unit: Make sure that both valves at the water source(s) are turned on all the way.
Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in the inlet valves.
Verify inlet valve operation.
If there is water in the unit: Verify that the pressure switch hose is in good condition and
properly connected to tub and pressure switch.
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Verify there is not a siphon problem.
3. Verify wire harness connections to inlet valves, pressure switch, flow meter, and Central Control Unit (CCU).
4. Check all hoses for possible leaks.
5. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
6. Verify pressure switch operation.
7. Verify flow meter operation by blowing air through the part and measuring the resistance.
8. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic test or any cycle.
Posted on Jul 31, 2010
I had the same problem. My control lock was on without the status light on. To unlock the controls I Selected and held END OF CYCLE SIGNAL button for at least 3 seconds. The lock/unlock control status light never indicated the locked position, yet my washer now works. NOTE: Select and hold END OF CYCLE SIGNAL button for 3 seconds to toggle between lock and unlock.
Posted on Aug 02, 2010
F35 is a water level error.
The water level switch (pressure switch) has malfunctioned.
If you remove the top panel, three screws in the back, you will have access to the pressure switch.
With the tub empty, remove the vinyl hose from the switch and blow backwards through the hose to clear any restrictions.
If the fault codes return after doing this, you will likely need to replace the pressure switch.
Also - please be sure to use He soap.
The "SUDS" error can be caused by too much detergent, improper detergent, drain pump/drain line problem, or pressure switch malfunction.
1. If you are not using HE detergent, you need to be. These washers are designed to use HE detergent which is formulated for wash tubs that use 5 to 7 gallons of water. If you use regular detergent, you are, in affect, placing a higher concentration of detergent in the washer that is normally formulated for wash tubs that have a 35 gallon capacity. The manufacturer should have a disclaimer in the owner's manual explaining this. In most cases this will also void your warranty. NOTE: Prolonged use of the wrong detergent can damage the drain pump components and or wash tub seals.
If you are using the correct detergent, double check the label to make sure it is not double (2X) or triple (3X) concentrated. You could still be placing too much soap in your wash.
To get rid of excessive detergent, place the washer on a RINSE & SPIN cycle, then run it through a normal wash cycle with NO detergent added. You may have to repeat these steps depending on the amount of detergent used.
2. If you do not have a detergent issue, double check the drain pump and drain lines to ensure they are not obstructed in any way. Click on the following link for step-by-step instructions:
Obstructions in the drain pump and/or drain lines can attribute to air getting trapped in the drain pump and cause the error code. Double check all electrical connections to the drain pump and Central Control Unit (CCU). You will need to remove the top panel of the washer to access the CCU. This is accomplished by removing the three screws in the back of the washer that hold the top panel in place. With the screws removed, slide the panel back, then off. The CCU is located directly behind the wash tub in the center of the washer. The Drain Pump connector will be the 6th connector (facing from the front L to R) in the center of the CCU.
3. Check the Pressure Switch to ensure it is good. The Pressure Switch is located to the right of the CCU as you are looking from the front. It is a small cylindrical shaped device with a connector plug and an air hose attached. The switch can be checked at several water levels by removing the plug and taking resistance readings at the connector pins. Readings are as follows:
(Pins are numbered R to L facing the from the REAR)
Pins 1 to 2 (SUDS Detect) – 0 ohms
Pins 3 to 4 (Overflow) – 0 ohms
Pins 4 to 5 (L1) – 0 ohms
Pins 4 to 6 (Empty) – 0 ohms
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 11, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 22, 2017 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Apr 06, 2015 | LG Washing Machines
Apr 27, 2014 | Frigidaire GLTF2940ES Front Load Washer
Jun 09, 2011 | LG Washing Machines
Oct 03, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet Sport HT WFW8400TE Washer
Aug 10, 2010 | Canon CLC 4000 Copier
May 18, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet Sport HT WFW8400TE Washer
Jan 14, 2010 | Dell Latitude D800 Notebook
Aug 12, 2009 | Maytag Neptune FAV6800AW Top Load Washer
94 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: