Question about LG Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I covered the plate with 'heavy duty aluminum foil' thinking it was safe for for microwave use, then I saw a sparkle inside while turning. I stopped it, took off the aluminum cover, turned the microwave again and it heated the food normally. Was the food safe to eat? Do I have, anyway to repair the appliance?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Brigadier General:

    An expert that has over 10,000 points.

  • Master
  • 8,909 Answers

The food is safe as long as the food has not got oxidized aluminium on it.
Microwave energy is very high and will melt metals!
As long as it is not arcing any more there should be no problem.

Posted on Jan 03, 2011

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

A small fire started inside the oven. Only the glass broke everything else seems fine. Can I continue using it.


Maybe, maybe not.
You can probably find a replacement glass tray at a Good Will store.
I don't think I'd run it indoors any more. I'd set it on a couple of cinder blocks in the middle of my concrete driveway and hook it to a long, heavy duty extension cord.
Wear a face shield and stand back at least 10 feet after pressing the start button.

You should go to YouTube and search "Can you microwave that".
It's a series of videos.

Feb 26, 2015 | In Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I need a microwave wave guild cover


Connie, look inside to see if something metallic is in the oven, like aluminum foil. Sparks should not be present. Also remove the grate/shelf if there is one and check under the turntable for metallic pieces. Actually take the turntable out. Test using a glass of water. 1/2 min on high, water should get warm

Apr 23, 2014 | Daewoo KOR-1B4H Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Loud noise when cooking


I had an arcing sound coming from above the cardboard panel inside the microwave. When I saw it sparking I took the cover off and saw that these two aluminum looking things had come loose. I removed the cover and did a fair bit of 'fine tuning' to get it working again.

Apr 03, 2014 | KitchenAid KHMS2050SSS Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Can i use aluminium foil in convection mode in microwave


It is best to not use aluminum foil in a Microwave since microwaves cant go through it, so It will not heat properly. If you are using it only on Convection It is just fine, it is like using a regular over then. Same kind of issue though if you are using convection, that is to bathe the meat evenly in circulated air. If you cover it in aluminum you lose a little effectiveness of the convection on the food your cooking. If it is to stop splatter just make a small tent over it and maybe tooth pick it down. Letting the air flow get under it but not splatter the entire inside.

Aug 24, 2017 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Dent inside the microwave oven


if its just you and her, use it. if you have kids, replace. could cause a fire in a worst case senerio.

Jun 19, 2012 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave sparks


Look in side and make sure there is no pieces of aluminum foil or metal hidden inside. If not I would not use until you have a appliance repair person look at it.

Apr 07, 2012 | Dacor DMT2420 1200 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

The paint came off because my grandaughter put aluminum foil in it. How can I repair the paint?


I would like to make a warning ,do not try to repair microwaves , they are lethal weapons , I know someone who ran one with the cover removed and cooked his kidneys , if it is faulty dispose and get new, if aluminium foil was put inside it has heated up and as you say damaged paint ,the seal could also be damaged and lethal , dispose and buy another .

Mar 22, 2012 | Kenmore 63252 Microwave Oven

2 Answers

I put a metal pan with food inside my microwave oven. I heard a popping sound and there are now two tiny black marks pitted into the glass on the door. I can feel the two pitted marks from both inside...


Yes it is safe to continue using the Microwave as long as the integrity of the glass is not compromised and the pitted marks do not exceed 1/4 inch. The RFwave generated by the magnetron is a pretty wide RF wave beam.

If your really concerned you can take the unit to any appliance service center and ask that they perform an RF leakage test. There is really no other way to know if your leakage is within acceptable limits. I can tell you from personal experience that the ony microwave I ever saw demonstrated excessive leakage had either been dropped and had hinge or latch damage.

If your really worried about it and can not get to a service center you can do this test:
- Wrap a tall empty glass with a sheet of aluminum foil and place it about 3 inches away from the microwave in front of the area you where noticed the pitting.
- Run the microwave with a GLASS filled with water of equal size for 1 minute.
- Stand back 3 to 4 feet and watch for any signs of a spark on the aluminum foil.
- As soon as the microwave shuts off check the dry foil wrapped glass for any signs of heat.

(No heat.... no problem. Sparks or Heat = repair time.)

Thanks for choosing FixYa.

Kelly

Sep 21, 2010 | Sharp R-1480 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Hole in plastic on inside of door


check the conductivity of the plastic with an ohmmeter by placing the probes an inch apart on the plastic surface. If the resistance is large or infinity, the plastic probably performs no role in stopping the microwave radiation. If so, any epoxy probably can be used to close the hole safely. Make sure you don't use too much and if possible place tape over the repair and orient the microwave so the epoxy presses against the tape while drying to prevent it from oozing into any door hinge/close mechanism. Otherwise, a piece of microwave door glass from a broken unit can ge glued over the hole and should stop the radiation. You can check for leakage with test units but be very carefuly anyway.

Nov 30, 2007 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

215 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top LG Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Greg Cann
Greg Cann

Level 3 Expert

1114 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

Are you a LG Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...