Fixing paper feed problems
Ifthe printer is not picking up paper, check to see if there is paper inthe IN tray. If there is not, load paper into the IN tray and press the RESUME button.
- Do not load more than 100 sheets of 20-pound paper in the IN tray. The paper stack should not exceed 10 mm or .38 inches.
- Use the same type paper in the paper tray when you are printing.
- Makesure that the paper width adjuster is against the left side of thestack but is not blocking the stack. Push in the paper length adjusterto make sure that the paper is fully seated in the printer. Do not pushso hard that the paper buckles.
- Do not use paper, envelopes, or cards that are torn, buckled, have curled edges, or do not lie flat.
- Ifusing the IN tray to load several envelopes, push the paper lengthadjuster toward the envelopes until it stops. Do not bend the envelopes.
- Load only one envelope at a time in the single-sheet input tray and be sure that it is inserted fully into the slot.
- Use envelopes with square flaps instead of triangular flaps, or tuck the flaps inside the envelopes.
- Ifthe printer's paper feed rollers become covered with debris (dust orpaper fibers), clean the rollers with a soft cloth dampened with water.
- Ifthe paper loads unevenly in the printer, one or more of the rollers onthe rear access door is missing. Remove the rear access door and checkto see if all six rollers in the door are present. If any are missing,the door assembly needs to be replaced. This is a customer replaceablepart, number C4557-60076.
- Ifthe printer does not drop any paper from the wings to the OUT tray,remove the excess paper. The paper stack should not exceed 10 mm or .38inches.
- Ifthe printer is sending more than a single sheet through at one time,remove the paper from the IN tray and separate any sheets that arestuck together. Reload the paper in the IN tray.
- Ifthe printer is not ejecting paper, then turn off the printer. If yourcomputer is turned on, turn it off. Then, turn on the computer. Wait afew seconds. Turn on the printer.
If you continue to experience paper feed problems, try other media or paper types. Refer to the User's Manual for supported media types and specifications.