Question about HP PhotoSmart 1215 InkJet Printer
Ink system has failed. Error:0xc18a0001
Posted on Oct 28, 2008
Ink system failure
- Can this be fixed?
Posted on Feb 06, 2013
SOURCE: Ink system has failed.
ok i got it...
Press and Hold the “Print Photos” &”Red Eye Removal” buttons. Release both buttons. Display should say”Enter Special Key Combo”
Press and release in sequence”Red Eye Removal”,”Print Photos”,”Red Eye Removal”
Display should say “Support” and display the FW rev: COxxFN0723BR (or something like that)
Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu"
Press and release the “OK” button.
Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK.
the printer will get ready as if it were starting perfectly for a first time, it will say something like: printer preparation occuring - do not interrupt
print a test page:
1) Load letter, A4, or legal unused plain, white paper into the input tray.
2) Make sure that the printer is on and loaded with unused plain, white paper.
3) Press Setup . The Setup menu appears.
4) Press the down arrow button to select Tools , and then press OK .
5) Press the down arrow button to select Self-test Report , and press OK . The self-test report prints.
if this doesn't work, i'd call hp support.
Posted on Mar 24, 2009
Here's a link to a procedure that one individual used to fix the same problem with his printer. I can't guarantee this will work in your particular case.
HP C5180 All-In-One Printer HARD RESET:
Posted on Aug 07, 2009
Easy fix. I found elsewhere on this site that the solution is to RESET the printer via the following instructions from HP...
1) Unplug Printer
2) Simultaneously press and hold the HELP & OK buttons
3) Re-plug in printer, while still holding the two buttons.
That's it ! You are reset. It will take a little time for the printer to re-configure, but you'll be printing in 5 or so minutes.
Posted on Oct 29, 2009
SOURCE: Ink system has failed
Hi may work
I found this I know your error not in here but it may work for
It worth a try nothing to lose and it may work.
I know your error code is not in this but it some times it clean the error with this type of error number you can gave it a go try not harm it
Error code: 0xc18a0201, 0xc18a0206, 0xc18a0306, 0xc18a030a, 0xd0620130, 0x887dd03a, 0xd05d010d, 0xf0af8004, 0xc19ac3ff, 0xc18a050...
Reset the product:
1. Without turning off the product, disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the product.
2. Remove the cartridges from the product.
3. Wait for the 'Insert Cartridges ' message to display on the control panel.
4. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
5. Wait 60 seconds.
6. Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button ( ).
7. Reinsert the cartridges, and then close any open doors on the product.
8. If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
9. Reconnect the USB cable to the rear of the product, and then try printing again.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Feb 08, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 06, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 16, 2011 | HP Photosmart D7360 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 27, 2011 | HP Photosmart 8250 InkJet Printer
Apr 01, 2010 | HP Photosmart 3310 Printer
Jun 13, 2009 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
Feb 21, 2009 | HP Computers & Internet
May 24, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
3,277 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!