Question about Amana F1320 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

WHEN START BUTTON PUSH THE MICROWAVE HAS A DEEP HUMM AND SMELLS LIKE SOMETHING ELECTRICAL BURNING. OTHERWISE SEEMS NORMAL BUT WON'T HEAT WELL. I QUIT USING IT. OPENED CASE AND DO NOT SEE BURNT COMPONETE.

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Brigadier General:

    An expert that has over 10,000 points.

  • Master
  • 8,909 Answers

It sounds like the magnetron may have either failed or is not being supplied with the extremely high voltage required to run it.
Make sure the !!!!capacitor is discharged!!!!! before attempting any sort of repair.
Check the door interlock switches first then the high voltage diode with either an AVO model 8 on high resistance range for short circuit, the capacitor can fail and go short circuit, the feed fuse on the primary of the high voltage transformer and then finally, the magnetron is best checked by substitution.
Hope that helps.

Posted on Jan 02, 2011

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

I pushed the veg able button on my general electric microwave je1860wh04 got an error and now it won't heat


To be on the safe side, contact the manufacturer. Some GE microwaves were having problems that could cause them to start later on their own and were a house fire hazard. Please unplug the microwave now.

Feb 15, 2013 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Push start and a loud deep buzz then the smell of electrical wiring burning and smoke fills the cavity.


You have something major wrong with your microwave. May be time to replace.

Sep 21, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

MIcrowave emits an electrical smell while cooking. It still cooks, but has started emitting an odor recently when in use.


Is the smell ionized (the outside smell of a cold winter morning air) or more of an electronic component burning??? if it's more of an ionized smell it could be normal, (if the smell is strong) it could be a leaking high voltage cable (electric arching) bad insulator, if it's more of an electronic component burning smell, it could be a overheating component, in both cases you should have it checked by a professional technician...

Cheers!

Jun 25, 2011 | Sharp KB-6024MS Stainless Steel 1000 Watts...

1 Answer

Microwave oven MH8150XJT0 is NOT HEATING -- MAKING LOUD, DEEP HUMMING SOUND -- SMELLS LIKE ELECTRICAL BURNING


Hi,
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with yourMicrowave Oven....

Basic Microwave Oven TroubleshootingTips

heatman101

Apr 02, 2011 | Whirlpool MH8150XJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Oven humms and doesn't heat anymore....


if you say 'seems like common problem with this model' then just replace it and get another good model.
it gives peace in long run.

May 30, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Daewoo kor-861h, electrical smell and will not heat.


Turn if off, and leave it alone, remove it, if you can remove the unit, take it in for service, something is wrong if you smell electrical, most people for some reason can smell and identify correctly electrical or at least insulation burning smells, which means something is burning internally, not safe, fire hazard, unit needs to be repaired by qualified technician or replaced with new unit, take no chances, nothing you can do to repair this, could be a shorting transformer, or shorting power cables, but to attempt to trouble shoot this with email is a long shot, and depends on your experience expertize and testing equipment.

I wish I could give you a short easy answer, but the hazard and your safety is more important than a microwave.

Will

Nov 30, 2008 | Daewoo KOR-860A Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave no heat


The "HUMM" indicates a breakdown in the High Voltage Side. The loud "POP" was the breakdown. You have only four Components in the High Voltage side.

1. High Voltage Transformer. You can eliminate this as the problem. Why? If it was the problem it would have blown the line fuse, and would have given off a burned transformer smell.
2. High Voltage Diode. Usually will Burn or Pop when shorted, but will then OPEN the Circuit and there is no "HUMM".
3. High Voltage Capacitor.This is the Silver Can with the two terminals on top. It can SHORT internaly between the plates (the two terminals) and give the "HUMM".
4. Magnetron. This is my number one suspect. A SHORTED Magnetron.

Feb 03, 2008 | Kenmore 63652 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

98 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Amana Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9085 Answers

kakima

Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

Shehu Pro
Shehu Pro

Level 3 Expert

1284 Answers

Are you an Amana Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...